Measurement Sciences Inc. (MSI) is a geomatics firm based out of Calgary, Alberta. At MSI we are involved in multiple specialty geomatics projects utilizing high end technology to deliver unrivaled products to our clients. Some projects include mapping rivers throughout Alberta and British Columbia, deformation monitoring of geotechnical hazards and utilizing drones to collect high resolution imagery and dense lidar point clouds. MSI is looking for a GIS Technician to join our team.
- Geomatics Engineering Technology Diploma or similar GIS-related education
- GIS mapping experience and proficiency with ArcMap and ESRI tools
- Strong data editing and analysis skills with ArcMap and ESRI tools
- Good working knowledge of relational databases, SQL and database best practices
- Experience working with variety of data formats, i.e. vector, imagery, DEM and LiDAR and best practices for their use and application in an ArcGIS environment
- Good general desktop computer skills (email, spreadsheets, word processing)
- Proven ability to support processes, and follow standardized template designs
- Operational knowledge & hands on understanding of AutoCAD mapping fundamentals
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time