The Communications/Outreach Division is charged with presenting the agency in a positive manner to outside organizations, individuals, and donors. The department manages marketing materials, social media interactions, public and media relations, and the agency website and newsletter; while monitoring agency branding and consistent messaging. The department also leads agency event planning with the support of staff committees and collaborates closely with the Donor Relations Manager and Executive Director in support of fundraising efforts.
Scope of Work
The Marketing and Development Associate reports to the Community Engagement Director. The position is primary administrator of social media platforms, lead on fundraising CRM management, and acts as back up for a variety of marketing and communications duties including print collateral, agency website, and e-newsletter.
This position requires advanced familiarity with digital communications technology and software, competency with graphic design and layout skills, event planning experience, superior writing/editing/proofing skills, and database management.
The Marketing and Development Associate will collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Specialist and with the Donor Relations Manager.
This is a full-time 40 hours per week position and may require working evenings or weekends and some travel for presentations and meetings. Overtime will only be worked if approved by the Community Engagement Director in advance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Fulfill all duties as they relate to the position, including but not limited to:
- 70% time supporting marketing, communications, and fundraising through:
- Department updates on the office wall calendar.
- Home interviews and photo/video sessions with clients and volunteers.
- Social media management and reporting, including creation of campaigns.
- Research and postings of senior-related articles on social media channels, growing presence and followers across all platforms.
- Basic graphic design, layout, and editing.
- PowerPoint updates.
- Following proofreading protocol for all communications.
- Tracking of photo release forms and photos taken for use across all platforms, and maintenance of drive folders for both.
- Volunteer handbook production, assembly, and revisions.
- Assistance with agency event planning from inception to completion, including planning, outreach, advertising, and day-of participation.
- Back-up for website maintenance.
- Back-up for newsletter creation and publication.
- Maintenance of marketing material and supplies for office common areas.
- Support of agency advocacy, promotional, and fundraising campaigns.
- Campaign and event postings to agency digital communication calendar.
- Coordination of agency participation in resource fairs, attendance as needed.
- 30% time supporting Fund Development efforts through:
- CRM management, analysis, reporting of donor data
- Facilitation of online auctions
- Assistance with fundraising campaigns
- Other duties as needed.
This position requires the following:
- Database experience.
- Working knowledge of senior services preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, demonstrating cultural competency and community awareness.
- Strong command and knowledge of Microsoft Office and ease in adaptation to new technology.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Proven track record with deadlines and time management.
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite and graphic design, layout skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent verbal presentation skills.
- Event planning experience.
- Manual typing/data entry.
- Bilingual - a plus.
- Valid CA Driver's License, proof of car insurance and reliable transportation.
- A smart phone.
- Ability to lift 15 pounds.
- Background check clearance.
Benefits include healthcare contribution, retirement contribution, paid time off, mileage reimbursement, cell phone stipend, and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Adobe Suite and graphic design, layout skills: 1 year (Required)
- database: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- working knowledge of senior services: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)