Company Background: Meade Willis, a global B2B, E-Business and systems integration company, specializes in Supply Chain Solutions, and end-to-end process automation. With a solid reputation for connecting and improving industry verticals, Meade Willissolutions can be found throughout international pharmaceutical, automotive, government, food, logistics and retail supply chains. Meade Willisservices Fortune 500 companies since 1995.
Summary: The role will provide you the opportunity to sharpen your technical, analytical and business skills as part of an experienced team committed to delivering excellent service for clients. You will play an active role throughout the project lifecycle (e.g. solution analysis and development, programming, configuration, testing) while working on cloud technology implementation projects with Workday.
Reporting to the Senior IT Manager, you will be responsible for analyzing requests and specifications made by internal and external clients. Resourceful and a strong problem-solver, you will work autonomously as well as in collaboration with other programmers to validate and develop new application and modification tools.
- Developing and supporting applications (back/front end), redesigning projects for Meade Willis: analysis, documentation, design, tests, production support.
- Participating in the development of projects and bringing a technical point of view.
- Participating in the development of methodologies, tools and codes used by the programming team.
- Accurately analyze, estimate and write solution proposals for projects and potential projects. Satisfy technical requests and inquiries from business.
- Work fully in French and English (written and spoken)
- Produce accurate, complete programming deliverables with a minimum of rework.
- Produce timely reports upon request by the business.
- Complete testing to ensure deliverables meet requirements, including quality and reliability.
- Make software initiative recommendations to support business goals.
- Produce documentation to support projects.
- Communicate with managers in Canada and provide reports
- Provide technical support on the phone and via email
- Enhance and enforce company programming standards
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- College or Bachelor's degree with specialization in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other IT related discipline. AEC/DEC or designation in Computer Science is a minimum requirement.
- Strong English (Spoken and Written), French is an asset
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Ability to handle situations tactfully when dealing with sensitive client situations
- Experience in software integration: building, design, test interfaces
- Experience with information analysis, software debugging, software documentation
- Problem solving, trouble-shooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work remotely
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles
- Ability to work in a team
- EDI experience or understanding is an asset
Work will be performed using, but not limited to, the following skills, platforms, and programming languages (essential):
- Net, C#, XML * ASP.NET 4.5, MVC 4.5, WEB API * SOAP and RESTful API interfaces * Microsoft SQL * Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2013
- HTML, CSS, JQuery, Wordpress
- SQL Server 2012, SVN Repo, Git
Nice to have skills:
- JS Framework: Angular, ReactJS, Windows Form, Android Mobile app (native or web)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Foxpro (not required, but a plus and may be required to learn on the job), Telerik (not required, but will be required to learn on the job)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- French (Required)
- English (Required)