RB is different: ‘good enough’ isn’t good enough here.
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. Every day, across 60 countries, we work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and strive to find even better ways to give people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands like Strepsils, Mucinex, Durex, and Lysol.
High impact, consumer-led research is the heart of the company's success. Ranked in the top 20 on the London Stock Exchange, our relentless drive to outperform has trebled our revenue since 2000 and quadrupled our market cap.
Thrive in an environment of high autonomy and accountability? Keen to be at the heart of the fastest growing health and hygiene company?
This position is responsible for the development of assigned brands through the achievement of specific growth objectives. The role resides within the Canadian Marketing function and will assume support for the Brand Manager in the areas of brand communication, creative execution, innovation, and brand financial performance evaluation. This position needs to balance creative/communication skills with critical thinking, project management and analytics. This individual must be able to work with cross-functional teams (internal & external), manage conflicting priorities, understand the bigger picture in the context of the work they are being asked to do, and can deal with some ambiguity.
The Assistant Brand Manager will play a key role in supporting the development of the overall category strategy, and is expected to drive the growth of his/her assigned brands through excellent marketing execution.
- Support the Brand Manager to develop, recommend and lead the execution of local marketing plans for assigned brands and manage the effective deployment of the marketing budget.
- Manage the day-to-day interface and key business activities of the portfolio.
- Assume accountability and autonomy to lead cross-functional teams in the development and execution of strategies for advertising, packaging, promotions, and operations.
- Manage marketing budget. Coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure optimal spending.
- Analyze brand, market & competitive trends and recommend suitable actions.
- Contributing to RB Innovation by delivering a product development program to generate consistent sales and profit growth
- Initiate and manage market research projects to deliver powerful consumer and customer insights as the basis for long term brand growth. Develop these insights into achievable plans.
- Participate in the development of local copy strategy / executions and/or to ensure adaptation possible for other regions.
- In close co-operation with the Sales function and Trade Marketing, identify trade needs / opportunities, developing pricing and distribution strategies and trade promotions for assigned brands.
- Be a savvy digital marketer able to quickly understand and leverage the dynamic technology to maximize the business.
- Work with our global, regional & US brand teams and e-tailing partners to develop best practices to maximize ROI for the company.
- Minimum university educated (to Bachelors level) in a commercial subject
- 1-3 Years of classical marketing experience or MBA, must be able to demonstrate outstanding marketing skills and potential, developed within a CPG environment.
- Prior experience in related fields (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Advertising) a plus
- Strong sense of urgency and achievement
- Resilient and able to respond under pressure
- Multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to influence
- Strong analytical skills, financial skills and P&L understanding
- Capable of analyzing data & drawing conclusions from the data.
- Able to work autonomously & provide independent opinions
We believe there's a better way to do business – we like to call it 'betterbusiness'. Socially, environmentally and financially, we act responsibly and sustainably. We believe passionately in doing things the right way, and we believe the better way helps us deliver high quality products that touch consumers each and every day. Health is no longer just the absence of illness, it’s being able to lead a fitter and happier life. Our responsibility is to help people achieve this, while making the right kind of social and environmental impact. That’s what we call betterbusiness.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, RB Canada will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Talent Acquisition team of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.