WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision
is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission
is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE –Making doing good, doable.
ME to WE is redefining what it means to travel with purpose. Our Trips division is one of the most exciting and transformative offerings for ME to WE, and we are currently in search of a dynamic, energetic and growth minded Senior Manager, Global Travel
to join our team. This individual will be responsible for maturing ME to WE Trips, providing mentorship to sales, customer service and trip operations professionals, and developing senior team members with the goal of creating greater efficiency and effectiveness.
Reporting to the CEO and Executive Director of ME to WE, the Senior Manager, Global Travel will consult and advise on maturing the volunteer travel division. In addition, this role will be responsible for running portions of the volunteer travel division including finance, corporate sales and partnership sales, and product. The successful candidate will be a strong leader who has industry experience and a passion to mentor and develop talent.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto
What you bring:
- Advise on the sales and marketing of a complex value-based product offering to multiple customer segments—youth, schools, families, adults and corporations.
- Lead the design and development of product that inspires customers and leads to real impact in the communities volunteers work in.
- Lead in the Trips department finances including the development of P&L, quality control, budgets, cost control, and forecasts.
- Advise on delivering a high level of quality from the sales and coordination processes, all the way through to the on-the-ground travel experience in country. Responsible for supporting improvement process initiatives to enhance the traveler experience.
- Determines operational strategies and efficiencies by effective resource planning, performance reviews, and cost analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify and resolve issues.
- Advise on leading, developing and retaining a team of sales, customer service and trip operations professionals.
- Expected to be goal orientated and to drive positive results in the department’s Employee, Customer and Shareholder satisfaction metrics
- Collaborating with other business verticals (retail, corporate sponsorship, donor programs) to develop strategies that benefit all of WE. Develop programming and strategies that leads to travelers becoming donors, retail customers, etc.
What makes us unique…
- Minimum 15 years in a leadership role within the travel and lifestyle industry, with a proven ability to sell a complex value based product
- Excellent understanding of the value proposition within the ME to WE Experience.
- Solid understanding of customer service metrics and the full cycle of marketing to sales strategies.
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics.
- Ability to succeed in a B2C and a B2B environment.
- Superb analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, where change is constant and challenges arise regularly.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff.
- Proven ability to engage team and lead to success.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Premium customer service standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with peers in business unit.
WE is a family of organizations making doing good, doable. WE Charity empowers domestic and international change. ME to WE is a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity. And WE Day fills stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables youth and families to better the world – supporting 2,500+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of service, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of dollars that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, our teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,000 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Join the movement today at WE.org
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.