WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision
is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission
is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE – Making doing good, doable.
ME to WE is looking for a dynamic and committed Junior Finance Manager
to join our Finance and Accounting Team. The Finance Manager will work closely with the ME to WE retail, trips and shared services teams to develop and maintain these processes for accurate and timely internal reporting within ME to WE. The Finance Manager role sits within the Finance section of the larger Finance & Accounting Team and will work under the leadership of the Me to We Finance Director. However, he/she will work closely with all business units and team managers and directors, and act as the liaison between the Business and the Accounting department.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto, Ontario
Your Impact: (Role Responsibilities:)
What you bring: (Skills & Qualifications)
- Work closely alongside the accounting team to improve and build out the reporting structures within ME to WE. Due to the shift to a formal quarter end close, there will be a large volume of extra reporting. In particular, departmental P&Ls and cost centre reporting. Templates will need to be built and refined.
- Work with the directors and heads to provide them with useful variance analysis information on revenue, costs and investments that will help them achieve their targets.
- Own the Trips monthly cash flow reporting, forecasting and accounts receivable. This will require working with our trips engagement, operations and country teams.
- Microsoft Dynamics is being implemented within Me to We. Work with the retail and trips departments to help guarantee the accuracy of the data going into the new system. Gain a solid understanding the business and then drafting SOPS to ensure the teams submit consistent and accurate information.
- Collaborate with the trips directors to set revenue targets channel by channel and then use Salesforce to provide bi-weekly updates on how actuals are performing vs target
- Utilize a flexible and continuous improvement mindset that focuses on adding efficiencies and cost savings within our processes while at the same time improving our internal controls and quality of the output.
- Work with the accounting team to assist them in any complicated operational work where they require the assistance of finance. This may include the matching of payments, reconciliation issues, tracking project expenses or process deviations that will affect accounting postings
What makes us unique…
- University degree in business with specialisation in finance or accounting required.
- Completion of the CPA designation is an asset. Sound understanding of financial reporting standards, especially regarding revenue recognition.
- 3-5 years experience working in an financial analysis or reporting environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including Power query, pivot tables, v-lookup.
- Experience with using CRM (Salesforce) and accounting/ERP systems (Dynamics, Bright pearl). Must be highly adapt at learning and working with new systems and software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present information at all levels in an organization, particularly at the senior management level
- Ability to work independently and as a team where required. Flexible with prioritizing projects and self-management of time to perform duties autonomously.
- Be a strong culture carrier, embodies the core values of WE. Act as a positive role-model for the Trips team in promoting integrity of client invoicing and financial reporting.
WE is a family of organizations making doing good, doable. WE Charity empowers domestic and international change. ME to WE is a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity. And WE Day fills stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables youth and families to better the world – supporting 2,500+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of service, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of dollars that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, our teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,000 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Join the movement today at WE.org
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.