Please review the description below prior to submitting your resume and include a cover letter or paragraph explaining why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this position.
Who are we?
We specialise in delivering Business Intelligence through a range of Global Summits, Strategic Conferences, Sports Hospitality, Training and Language Courses. Currently we are expanding our Global Summit's Sales Team to service the growing number of high-level Business Summits produced within the North American region.
We're looking for enthusiastic go-getters who are eager to learn and progress in the corporate world, more specifically within the corporate events industry. On offer is a role within a global organisation, with the opportunity to learn new skills and the chance to progress your career.
What does the role entail?
This is a phone-based position and will require you to have professional conversations in an effort to discover the current needs of top-level corporate executives. You must be confident and able to follow our proven sales process to garner their attendance. You will be sourcing and securing delegates from the C-Suite of the top tier of blue-chip companies, Government Departments and Educational Institutions. Our annual calendar of prestigious, closed-door Summits covers a range of industries such as Finance, Legal, Information Technology, Human Resources, Marketing, Mining and Resources and Logistics within our Chicago-based Global Summits Division.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sales experience is a plus but not required as we have an intensive New Hire Training Program.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Outbound calls
- Lead sourcing and qualifications.
- Delivery of high-level sales presentations to C-Level clientele.
- Consistent achievement of KPIs, in terms of both daily/weekly sales activity, and monthly deals.
- Written and verbal CRM with clients.
- Demonstration of product knowledge and business acumen.
- Demonstration of confident closing of sales.
- Analysis of markets, competitors and business movements.
- Assist in smooth running of on-site Summit operations.
What is our culture like?
- We have a very vibrant and energetic sales office, situated in the middle in the NBC Tower on the Magnificent Mile.
- Exciting social scene and lively atmosphere
- Target and goal orientated, our current Sales Executives thrive on their daily business conversations with the most influential businessmen and women, and enjoy the thrill of chasing deals and hitting high earnings.
What do we require from you?
- Seeking a short sales cycle with the ability to earn commissions directly after training.
- Extremely high level of communication skills.
- Pro-active and driven attitude, and a strong desire to hit and exceed sales targets.
- Ability to take direction, follow instructions and work to a proven sales process.
- Ability to work autonomously and self-motivate.
- Good attendance.
- You take initiative.
- You can analyze and investigate.
- Coachable and trainable.
- Great Listener.
- Team player and contributor of ideas and feedback to continuously improve sales practice.
We'll Coach You!
- Personal impact/confidence
- Action Planning & Organizing
- Negotiating & Persuading
- Time Management and Leadership.
What benefits can we offer?
- You will receive full training for the role, and will be supported with continuous ongoing coaching to assist in reaching your KPI's and weekly/monthly targets, providing you with the skills to succeed in the company and develop your career.
- Salary is made up of a basic salary, and an extremely high level of uncapped commission. This is the role for an ambitious high achiever, an individual who strives to be the best. As such, remuneration is structured to offer high financial rewards for top performers.
- The pay structure is Base + Commission. Our sales lead-time is very short so sales are frequent and the sales targets are very achievable. First year on target earnings are between $52K & $65K and earning above this is attainable with some executives exceeding $80k in their first year.
- Bonus plans based on individual, team and/or campaign performances
- Health and dental coverage
- Voluntary insurance
- 10 vacation days a year
- Paid holidays including office closure between Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Lucrative incentives and bonuses including travel opportunities both in the US and overseas.
- Limitless opportunities to allow you to perform to your full potential.
We only promote from within, so everyone comes in at the same point and has an opportunity to move up the ladder in an accelerated amount of time. We maintain a very high retention rate in this division. 86% of our current staff are Senior Executives or higher, meaning they have been promoted at least once and are maintaining this status by consistently hitting and surpassing their sales targets.
If you've been looking for new opportunities and think we could benefit from your experience, please get in touch and we will be happy to discuss the role in more detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Inside Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Phones: 1 year (Preferred)
- Business Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Retirement benefits or accounts