We are looking to file role of Chief Data Officers for our clients' project in Toronto.
Here are the details of the role:
The CDO will work, in conjunction with the Director, Strategy and Operations, the Executive Director, the CIO and other OSC Executive, Management and staff, to establish an Enterprise Data Management Office (EDMO). The EDMO will: provide strategic leadership for data and analytics; define and maintain the enterprise data strategy and roadmap for all data management capabilities; lead socialization and alignment on enterprise data and analytics strategy and champion adoption; design and lead enterprise data governance efforts; provide sponsorship and guarantee the execution of data and analytics initiatives; and facilitate and enforce adherence to enterprise policies and standards.
OSC Data Management Environment. This information is not intended to be exhaustive or to provide respondents with any technical mandatory or rated requirements. This information is intended to provide respondents with an understanding of the current state, including strengths and challenges involved in establishing and implementing a data management strategy and governance model for the OSC.
- Most of the OSC data management capabilities individually have been well-defined and include target-state plans which are consistent with industry practices and appropriate for the OSC;
- Data quality, metadata management, master data management, data governance and business intelligence (BI) and analytics need to be aligned across the branches;
- Capability-specific plans and roadmaps are minimally implemented;
- Data lifecycle management (records management) is relatively mature and has the fewest gaps towards its target-state plan;
- Data protection strategic plan is being revised and its target state will be updated;
- The scope of data management program does not currently address the broader enterprise data management capabilities across branches;
- The planned roadmap of the data management program must be aligned with OSC's business priorities and needs;
- The current data management program is underway but is primarily technology-driven;
- Data management and analytics literacy is low across branches;
- There is limited socialization of the Data Management Program; and
- OSC vision is to be a data-driven, risk-focused, evidence-based
Chief Data Officer (CDO), Enterprise Data Management Office. The OSC is soliciting competitive proposals from respondents for the services of a highly qualified and experienced Chief Data Officer to establish an Enterprise Data Management Office (the "Services"). The selected respondent's proposed resource will be expected to work onsite at 20 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario.
Provision of a Chief Data Officer (CDO), Enterprise Data Management Office - Strategy & Operations, 15+ Years' Experience
The selected respondent will provide a results-oriented individual who has senior level experience in developing and leading the start-up phase of a data management and governance function at an enterprise-wide level.
The CDO will provide an integrated vision, strategy and governance to the data management initiatives, directly impacting the OSC's effectiveness in being a data-driven, risk-focused, evidence-based organization.
Employing a "hub and spoke" model, the Enterprise Data Management Office will oversee the execution of all data management and analytics operations (but not necessarily delivering those initiatives directly). Critical expected outcomes include:
- Execution on the data management roadmap with incremental adjustments;
- Design of an operating model to enable enterprise-wide data management;
- An enterprise-wide business intelligence and analytics strategy; and
- Increased organizational data management, business intelligence and analytics competency and
Anticipated Start Date: January 21, 2019
Anticipated End Date: December 31, 2020
Responsibilities and Outcomes
During this design and start-up phase, the CDO, Enterprise Data Management Office is expected to carry out the following responsibilities, and deal with other related matters that could arise, to deliver on stated outcomes:
- Data Governance
- Establish an Enterprise Data Management Office to own and manage OSC's data management strategy and roadmap in alignment with broader business priorities; and
- Develop and execute a communications program to increase awareness and accountability of data management across OSC; and
- Ensure the OSC Board and Executive have insight into the adoption of the data program across the organization;
- Data Quality
- Define critical data assets required for operational and analytical needs; and
- Setup and conduct ongoing monitoring and reporting on data quality for critical data assets across branches;
- Metadata Management
- Define business and technical metadata for critical data assets and establish data lineage; and
- Improve metadata capture and introduce control points in technology development process;
- Master and Reference Data Management
- Define business ownership and critical success factors to track and improve master data adoption across the OSC; and
- Establish master and reference data ownership for development and maintenance;
- Data Lifecycle Management and Data Protection
- Ensure data lifecycle management and data protection roadmap and policies align with enterprise data management strategy and roadmap;
- Interaction with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Ensure data management and governance program work is aligned with the CISO work plan;
- Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics
- Define an enterprise-wide BI and analytics strategy within enterprise data mandate; and
- Establish analytics centre of excellence to assist branches in identifying analytical approaches to business problems and promote enterprise
- Knowledge Transfer
- Ensure appropriate knowledge transfer to OSC staff prior to the Anticipated End Date, including documentation supporting the above deliverables, with formal review and sign-off processes as designated by the OSC, and a formalized knowledge transfer process at the conclusion of the assignment to individuals identified by the OSC
Skills and Experience
- Senior leadership experience with ability to provide strategic oversight to OSC's enterprise data organization;
- Strong domain expertise and experience in managing data and analytics programs;
- Ability to lead a team of functional and technical specialists;
- Strong communication and influencing skills; and
- Demonstrated success in organizational change management and implementation of a data management cultural
All administrative services and supplies used by the respondent to complete the Services will be provided to the OSC at no additional charge.
Duration: Until December 2020.
Please submit your resume for consideration.
Job Type: Contract
- Data Management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Data Warehouse: 10 years (Preferred)
- Management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Data Architecture: 10 years (Required)