If you are the type of person who gets satisfaction from helping clients realize their solution and seeing a project come together before your eyes, we are looking for you. MDS is looking for a Systems (Project) Engineer who would oversee and drive forward our 20+ global projects ranging from 1 million to 100 million dollars in value.
To be successful in this role, you will lead the team, always keeping the bigger picture in mind while guiding them to work in harmony to meet and deliver technical specifications. Ultimately, you'll be the glue that holds together each engineering group on the project to deliver the world class facilities our clients have come to expect. You'll need to have at least 7 years hands on experience coupled with a strong engineering background having touched a variety of fields including mechanical structures, fluids, oil, fuel and controls.
What you'll be doing:
- Interpreting contract technical requirements and use these to develop project specifications, work breakdown structures, requirements matrices, and system level project plans;
- Maintaining accountability through design, procurement, manufacturing, assembly, installation, commissioning and testing activities by maintaining tight liaison throughout their completion.
- Developing execution strategies and communicate technical direction for the project's entire technical effort to achieve objectives as defined by Management. Monitor activities and generation of deliverables required to achieve the objectives and ensure any roadblocks are resolved.
- Planning and managing the interfaces between the various subsystems that make up the project scope of work as well as between the various internal/external stakeholders on the individual subsystems.
- Monitoring test systems labour hours, material budgets, schedule and technical compliance. Identifying, assess and analyze (or ensure the design team analyzes) any related risks, non-conformances, change orders or concerns;
- Integrating multiple disciplines/systems to achieve the best overall product and/or service within the project's technical, cost and schedule constraints. Reviewing engineering team designs to ensure conformance and own multidisciplinary general assembly drawings and documentation.
- Managing and controlling critical vendors, being either build to print orders or design and supply sub contracts. Control and track vendor deliverables.
- Travelling to client sites anywhere in the world to attend design reviews and monitor progress at critical point of installation and commissioning.
What'll help your success?
- Experience in working in diverse teams of in-house personnel and/or with outside vendors/subcontractors on multi-disciplinary design/engineering projects
- Demonstrated and proven experience taking at least 3 projects from start to finish all the way from coordination, vendor management to acceptance testing.
- Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical engineering degree or equivalent from a recognized university or college
- Professional Engineer Designation or eligibility is required
- Minimum 7 years of experience within the following areas:
- Product design and analysis
- Systems engineering and integration
- Project management
- Design supervision and leadership * Multidisciplinary engineering design experience with a demonstrated track record within the following disciplines/systems:
- Mechanical static and dynamic (including rotor-dynamics)
- Industrial process piping
- Aerodynamic and acoustics design
- Applications and software development
- Medium and low voltage electrical
- Instrumentation and control
- Manufacturing, fabrication, production and assembly
- Facilities planning and construction MUST *be able to travel internationally
- Fluent in English (Reading/Writing/Speaking), second language is an asset
Who are we looking for?
- You see the values of partnerships and can develop and leverage relationships within and across work groups to achieve results.
- You secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify business issues and commit to an action after weighing alternative solutions
- Higher levels of performance motivate you to the point where it's contagious and you motivate individuals towards performance that is aligned with the organization's vision and values
- You realize that change is a good thing and you encourage others to implement better approaches to address problems and opportunities while leading the charge
- With a keen eye, you can identify and leverage opportunities to accelerate results and build capability by assigning tasks and decision-making responsibilities to team members with clear expectations and support
- You're fearless in the face of adversity and can create relevant options for addressing problems; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives and making timely decisions.
- You plan and organize yourself, establishing an action plan to complete work efficiently and on time by setting priorities when appropriate
- You don't settle for less. You set high goals for yourself, monitor your progress and tenaciously work to exceed those goals
- You gain others' confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while treating others and their ideas with respect
- You're honest and consistently keeps commitments made to others. You can handle sensitive information and adhere to moral, ethical and professional standards
- You communicate clearly and concisely, checking others' understanding of information communicated and you present messages in multiple ways to make sure everyone understands
- You can work collaboratively with others to help a team achieve its goals
Think you're a fit? Describe your leadership style in your cover letter.
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex or national origin or ethnic origin.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Please visit our web site https://mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
- project engineering: 7 years (Required)