Who are we?
MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world's leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS Aero not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
If you enjoy being hands to key board, we are looking for you! We need a C/C++ Linux Developer to assist with the modernization of our mission critical application. This application provides our clients with data from gas turbine engine tests such as heat level, frequencies, vibrations and gas/oil flow. The new system will be based on telecom techniques and principles.
What you'll be doing:
- Participate in a software development team that produces updates to and new features for MDS' data acquisition software for testing Gas Turbine Engines.
- Software development programming over the full development life cycle, including design, code and test.
- Ensure that software meets all the specification requirements.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Support the integration and formal testing of the software as deployed on customer systems.
- Respond to other corporate members and clients on software aspects.
What you'll need to have:
- 15+ years' experience in Software Development
- 10+ years experience with C/C++ in a real-time multi-threaded/multi-tasking Linux environment
- Proficiency with embedded systems and architectures such as PowerPC and ARM etc.
- Proficiency in telecom concepts, networks, protocols, IPC, TCP/IP stack, sockets, etc
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Computer Engineering - Nice to have
- Proficiency with XML and related technologies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio development environment
- Proficiency with SQL programming for Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Good interpersonal skills required
- Proficiency with source code repositories such as subversion
- Proficiency and knowledge of Linux architecture and Kernel driver design principles
What's in it for you?
We live, sleep and breathe our corporate values: Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care and Respect and that makes for a great place to work. Being a management owned company, our owners come to work every day, right at your side. On top of that, MDS offers the following:
- Canada's Best Managed companies (gold standard)
- Competitive wages
- Employee bonus program
- Positive work environment
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Strong focus on learning and development
- Participation in fund raising activities such as HOPE volleyball, soccer and hockey tournaments
- Company events including holiday party, golf tournament, town hall meetings and a breakfast club
- Diverse workforce
- Opportunity to travel internationally
We invite all interested applicants to submit their detailed resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- C/C++: 10 years (Required)
- Software Engineering: 10 years (Required)
- Linux Programming: 10 years (Required)