Who are we?
MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world's leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS Aero not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
MDS is in need of a C/C++ QT Developer to assist with the modernization of our mission critical application. This application provides our clients with data from gas turbine engine tests such as heat level, frequencies, vibrations and gas/oil flow. The new system will be based on telecom techniques and principles.
What you'll be doing:
- The successful candidate will be participating in the development of a graphical user interface for our next generation of data acquisition system products
- Participate in the generation of engineering specifications for new products
- Ensure that software meets all the specification requirements
- The delivery of fully documented and fully tested products
What you'll need to have:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Graphical Design and Qt Development
- Proficiency with C/C++ in a real-time multi-threaded/multi-tasking Linux environment
- Proficiency in telecom concepts, networks, protocols, IPC, TCP/IP stack, sockets, etc.
- Proficiency with XML and related technologies
- Experience with Model/View design patterns and programming is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Good interpersonal skills required
What's in it for you?
We live, sleep and breathe our corporate values: Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care and Respect and that makes for a great place to work. Being a management owned company, our owners come to work every day, right at your side. On top of that, MDS offers the following:
- Canada's Best Managed companies (gold standard)
- Competitive wages
- Employee bonus program
- Positive work environment
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Strong focus on learning and development
- Participation in fund raising activities such as HOPE volleyball, soccer and hockey tournaments
- Company events including holiday party, golf tournament, town hall meetings and a breakfast club
- Diverse workforce
- Opportunity to travel internationally
Job Type: Full-time
- C/C++: 6 years (Required)
- Linux: 6 years (Required)