Are you seeking to further your strategic marketing skills? Work in a fast-paced, tech-driven, highly-creative agency environment? Then, this position may have your name written all over it!
mdg is a marketing and PR agency with head, heart and a passion for what we do — delivering measurable results for association and event clients in diverse categories like education, food and beverage, automotive, and construction. With an over 40-year track record of success, mdg is recognized as the nation's leading agency in its niche and was recently named the "Best Place to Work" by Meetings & Conventions magazine. We're now seeking a strategic director of digital activation to join the collaborative team in either our San Diego, Chicago, Reston or Washington, DC office.
- Lead digital marketing operations at mdg including direct management of mdg’s three tiers of digital marketing managers
- Develop and optimize best-practice SOPs for omnichannel digital marketing campaign delivery, reporting and optimization with support from Director of Web Strategy and Director of Digital Strategy
- Team with Customer Journey Architect to help staff and train the Digital Project Manager function so that this new role can help mdg achieve operational excellence in digital efficiency, accuracy and profitability at scale
- Serve as lead digital strategist on assigned accounts to develop comprehensive digital and social strategies for new and prospective clients, including detailed analyses of past campaigns, audience research, and best practice recommendations
- Create and facilitate digital trainings for colleagues throughout the agency
- Accurately forecast the scope of work for digital and social campaigns for clients and budget accordingly to ensure projects remain profitable
- Work with web team to set up integrations across platforms, including containers such as Google Tag Manager or similar technology
- Coach and mentor subordinates to achieve performance goals aligned with division and company goals. Assign and manage development staff assigned to particular projects and provide technical oversight as needed
- Provide frequent, informal feedback to subordinates to aid in individual career growth and development. Plans, documents, and manages the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provides for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training
- Seek to understand the direction of the agency. Serve as a role model for delivering the company's messages and supporting its vision
- 10+ years of experience in a strategic digital marketing role is required. Previous experience in a supervisory role is preferred.
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit, independent drive and a strong vision to lead and grow Digital Marketing department.
- Drive to become a leader, mentor and colleague in which the team enjoys collaborating with.
- Ability to think strategically and lead client marketing efforts with creativity and expertise is required.
- A working knowledge of CRM, email marketing is strongly preferred.
- Certifications such as Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification, Google Analytics/Search/Display, Microsoft Adcenter, or Facebook are strongly preferred.
- Experience with third party media buying platforms such as Adroll, Feathr, Doubleclick preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Agency, event, or association marketing experience is preferred.
mdg offers a competitive benefits package including medical, 401k, profit sharing contributions and mdG.O. (a sabbatical program that rewards loyalty through the gift of travel).