Function & Responsibility
The Manufacturing Engineer produces manufacturing documentation to support manufacturing assembly and test of electromechanical assemblies/sub-assemblies. The Manufacturing Engineer integrates lean manufacturing concepts, quality assurance, and easy to read visual process steps into documentation as applicable. Assist in processing RFQ's and create quotes as needed. Create routers and update existing router as required.
* Generate manufacturing routers and provide estimates (RFQs) on cost to manufacture parts per customer request or per customer service requests
* Build and update existing router structure for existing customer parts to reflect correct manufacturing steps and costing
* Organize and prioritize all incoming RFQs and router updates for team
* Create and maintain procedures for quoting module in Global Shop
* Creates assembly and test procedures from 2-D or 3-D product drawings/models
* Develop internal procedures for determining costing on customers to be used for quoting new and existing jobs
* Integrate photographs of assembly, test steps or drawing images to provide a visual representation of key assembly and/or test steps using Lean Flow methodologies
* Develop processes and integrate key quality checks into procedures to ensure appropriate in-process quality assurance is achieved
* Assist with time studies to improve work space layouts, work cells, and work center facility requirements to optimize productivity
* Read and translate drawings, blue prints, and part specifications
* Schedule and maintain projects consistent with timeline requirements
* Analyze manufacturing issues, work with Quality department to determine root causes, and implement corrective actions
* Create 3-D Solidworks models and layout as required for individual projects and inner department support
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Must have good communication skills both written and verbally.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
* Ability to understand and apply geometric formulas and concepts.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to analyze and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field and 3-5 years related experience and/or training in manufacturing engineering; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Also have prior ERP / MRP system knowledge.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
75% of the work is performed in an office type environment. 25% of the work is performed by traveling to and from the Production Area. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Requires the individual to work at a desk on a computer for an extended period of time with periods of time in which they will have to move around the office for interaction with others. Requires interaction with others via the telephone for extended periods of time.
Requires light physical effort such as stopping and bending, and occasional lifting of lightweight objects (up to 25 pounds). The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Job Type: Full-time