About the Organization
mdBriefCase Group Inc. provides accredited, online continuing professional development (CPD) to help healthcare practitioners enhance their professional practice and stay at the forefront of the latest evidence and protocols. Through innovative partnerships, we offer high-quality content, free of charge, to more than 200,000 members in Canada, Australia, Europe, South America, the Middle East & Africa.
We aspire to accelerate the impact of our global stakeholders by enabling better healthcare decision-making. Since 2001, mdBriefCase has delivered over 1,200 programs in over 20 therapeutic areas. Our programs are developed by leading specialists in their field and peer-reviewed by experts at respected institutions. mdBriefCase is a full service online company with design, programming, email, database and project management professional services.
Our head office is conveniently located in the heart of midtown Toronto, at Yonge & Eglinton.
We are seeking a motivated Director of Marketing to lead our current Marketing and Communications team and oversee the implementation of several strategic initiatives for the company launching in the upcoming months.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, this Marketing Director role is a 12-month contract back-filling a maternity leave position. The Marketing Director will be responsible for 4 direct reports and the management of the marketing operations team (7 associates in total). The individual will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and other department heads to ensure seamless collaboration, communication and partnership among teams.
In addition, the Marketing Director will be responsible for leading and overseeing the implementation of several strategic initiatives such as enforcing and maintain recently launched re-branding strategy, launch of a newly developed company website and transition to new email software platform.
The successful candidate should have experience working on a global brand with global clients, digital marketing and email automation, and a passion for driving results. Additionally, keen attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication are the core competencies that will make this individual successful.
Responsibilities & what you'll be doing:
- Lead a team of 7 associates, 4 direct reports, in our busy marketing and communications team;
- Maintain team resourcing, project work flows and efficiencies, and act as lead marketing SME for key client projects;
- Work collaboratively with other departmental leads to deliver effective marketing campaigns that drive product success;
- Support and reinforce new corporate Brand Standard Guide, which includes initiating the hiring new graphic designer head count;
- Lead the decommission and migration of current email and marketing automation platform to MailChimp;
- Lead the marketing efforts to launch of new, consolidated website for mdBriefCase, which include branding, messaging, user experience design and communication strategy to membership;
- Support the transition to new Learning Management System and ensure marketing reporting, data, metrics and automated communications are represented within platform;
- Assess new marketing channels and partnership opportunities to expand mdBriefCase's brand and membership in new or existing global markets;
- Support the Senior Leadership team with key client and corporate initiatives to deliver on the company's overall strategic growth pillars;
- Monitor, track and maintain overall corporate and regional marketing budgets;
- Delivery of monthly KPIs to Senior Management and quarterly reports all all-company meetings.
The ideal candidate will be a highly self-motivated individual and an adept problem solver who works hard and is comfortable working in a metrics-driven environment. They will also have the following:
- 5+ years experience in a marketing, communications or brand management role in a related industry such as pharma/biotech, public health, marketing/digital agency or medical education;
- University degree and/or post-graduate certificate in business, marketing or communications-related discipline;
- Experience developing and measuring the effectiveness of marketing strategies and campaigns;
- Experience working with product development to modify, enhance or recreate effective strategies;
- Strong team leader experienced in both internal and external change management and communication;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Strong command of Microsoft Office, primarily Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Strong command of Google Suite, including Gmail, Analytics and Ads;
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail;
- Team-player that loves to get things done;
- Knowledge of medical education industry an asset.
- We are an established company with an entrepreneurial mentality;
- Our core values include integrity, accountability, innovation, collaboration, entrepreneurship, communication and inclusivity;
- All full-time employees start with 3 weeks paid vacation (pro-rated during the first year based on time with the company);
- Comprehensive Health Benefits for full-time employees;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Employee Referral Program;
- Work-life balance with flexible work hours;
- Paid sick/Personal days/Required time off;
- Office conveniently located at Yonge & Eglinton and walking distance from Eglinton Subway station!
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.