MDA&rsquo s R& D group is looking for bright, capable Software Engineer / Developer
who are motivated to solve challenging problems in a flexible, research-driven environment. The engineers will work with our dynamic and high-functioning research and development teams to develop innovative solutions that strategically position MDA&rsquo s technical capabilities and offerings in Canadian and selected international markets. The successful candidate combines a solid technical background with strong communication and leadership skills to build high-performance software prototypes and tools that address critical customer problems and demonstrate our cutting-edge technological solutions.
Preferred Experience & Expertise
- Design, prototype and implement a software solution to solve the requirement for an integrated software/hardware solution (Radar, EO/IR camera, Jammer), for the detection, tracking, and classification of UAV targets, as well as the counter-measure(s) determined to deny unauthorized fly-bys and surveillance by UAVS.
- Build tools, frameworks, and GUIs to support the demonstration and deployment of the Counter-UAV system
- Perform unit and integration testing, in order to benchmark and validate the integrated software system performance
- Prepare and present system demonstrations and technical documentation to customer and internal stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with other analysts and engineering in the R& D group to build solutions and share understanding and insights
Nice-to-Have Experience & Expertise
- Self-motivated, problem-solving mindset
- Fast learner who enjoys learning & exploiting new technologies
- Desire to work in a diverse, dynamic team towards a challenging common goal
- Knowledge of the full software development life cycle, object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, and software design patterns
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a large organization with multiple dependencies and stakeholder needs
- Experience and proficiency in:
- Modern, cross-platform C++ and Java development
- High-performance and/or real-time computing systems (incl. GPU and/or FPGA development)
- Developing GUIs, web services, and/or database access layers
- Version control (Git, Mercurial, SVN, etc.)
- Unit & integration testing
- Desktop & embedded platforms (incl. Windows & Linux)
- Education and/or experience in computer science, physics, mathematics, electrical engineering, and/or related subjects
- Expertise in Matlab and/or Python for data processing and analysis
- Knowledge of radar and EO/IR camera sensors
- Knowledge of UAV types and signatures
Positions are based in Richmond, BC and may include travel.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability (and ideally Secret) level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision-making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile