MDA is currently looking to fill a position for an electronic technologist. This positon is in the Electronic Production group. The technologist is responsible for providing a technical interface between the Manufacturing and Engineering departments. He will have to program manufacturing equipment (SMT, AOI, selective soldering …), define production methods and support the Manufacturing group during the assembly phase. In addition, the selected person may be required to define new methods or new tools required to improve production. This position requires a great deal of autonomy.
- Program manufacturing equipment (SMT, AOI, selective soldering, IC programming, oven profile, …)
- Define assembly methods for electronic components and assemblies.
- Prepare routings for parts/assemblies for which he is accountable.
- Design production jigs related to records and monitor their manufacturing.
- Help the assembly operators by performing detailed reviews during production.
- Define the rework procedures and the processes to solve complex problems in accordance with the Quality Assurance personnel when an item does not meet required standards.
- Analyze the results and prepare reports for programs or the manufacturing department and make recommendations in regards to new or advanced technologies.
- Participate in the development of new processes or tooling.
- Prepare cost and time estimates and planning of projects and operations with respect to objectives.
- Follow the production schedule by identifying the deviations and by suggesting contingency plans.
- Make sure the work is performed according to internal procedures and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Participate in the training of operators with regards to new techniques and required requalifications.
- Make recommendations to improve the efficiency of the production shop.
- Participate in the design phase with the engineering group by suggesting assembly materials or methods.
- Review and comment the production drawings and write the necessary minutes.
- Perform other related duties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software, of a manufacturing execution system (MES) and an Enterprise Resource Planning (ER) database.
- Knowledge of production techniques and electronic assembly processes.
- Knowledge of electronic assembly tools.
- College diploma in Electronic Technology or the equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Fluent in French, orally and in writing. Knowledge of English is an asset.