Neptec Design Group, recently acquired by MDA Canada, is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Northrop Grumman, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications. We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team in Kanata, ON.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for liaising with project managers to steer projects forward and achieve success. The system engineer will lead the definition of the systems architecture, specifications and working parameters for hardware and software compatibility, and will co-ordinate the development of subsystems and support the integration in the total system.
- Applying engineering knowledge to large and/or complex projects in the design, development, test and integration of complex, specialized products and/or technologies,
- Collaborating with Project Managers and project team members to develop system level requirements and translate those into specific requirements for product development,
- Supporting the development of system architecture and system design documentation,
- Tracking of project requirements and ensuring requirements are being validated and/or verified throughout the project lifecycle,
- Providing technical oversight and review support to development groups during product design and development,
- Developing test procedures for verification and validation of system requirements,
- Coordinating and supporting integration and testing activities,
- Preparation of supporting documentation throughout all phases of a project including operational procedures, test procedures, test records and test results,
- Supporting investigations and troubleshooting of system-level issues as they arise,
- Working with Project Managers to ensure project schedules and budgets are maintained while accomplishing project deliverables.
- BS/MS in Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years related experience
- 5+ years’ experience working in a technical capacity
- Knowledge and experience in the design, analysis, integration and/or test of mission critical hardware,
- Experience with design, development, engineering analysis, integration, and test
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.), including MS Project and MS Visio
- Experience working with customers, subcontractors and vendors in various levels technical and business relationship engagements,
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills, initiative, superior problem solving skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and willingness to learn and adapt,
- Experienced with project management practices,
- Deadline oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently,
- Capable of working under pressure to meet time critical deadlines,
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Knowledge and experience in the design, analysis, integration and/or test of space flight hardware,
- Experience in aerospace industry working with customers such as the Canadian Space Agency, National Aeronautics and Space Administration and/or the European Space Agency.
Neptec welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. In accordance with the guidelines established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Eligible employees can share in the growth and continued success of MDA through the Employee Share Purchase Plan that enables the purchase of company shares at a discount to fair market value. Rewards programs provide employees and managers with opportunities to recognize and celebrate the individual achievements, challenges, and successes that are the company's foundation.