MDA’s R&D group is looking for a bright, capable software engineer who is motivated to solve challenging problems in a flexible, research-driven environment. The engineer will work with our dynamic and high-functioning research and development teams to develop innovative solutions that strategically position MDA’s technical capabilities and offerings in Canadian and selected international markets. The successful candidate combines a solid technical background with strong communication and leadership skills to build high-performance software prototypes and tools that address critical customer problems and demonstrate our cutting-edge technological solutions.
- Design and implement algorithms to solve complex, computationally-intensive problems in image & signal processing
- Build tools, frameworks, and GUIs to support the demonstration and deployment of core capabilities and algorithms
- Collaborate closely with other analysts and engineering in the R&D group to build solutions and share understanding and insights
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Benchmark and validate software performance
- Prepare and present system demonstrations and technical documentation to customers and internal stakeholders
Preferred Experience & Expertise
- Self-motivated, problem-solving mindset
- Fast learner who enjoys learning & exploiting new technologies
- Desire to work in a diverse, dynamic team towards a challenging common goal
- Knowledge of the full software development life cycle, object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, and software design patterns
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a large organization with multiple dependencies and stakeholder needs
- Experience and proficiency in:
- Modern, cross-platform C++ development (incl. C++ 11/14/17)
- Image and/or signal processing algorithms
- Algorithms & tools for linear algebra (e.g. BLAS, LAPACK, etc)
- High-performance and/or real-time computing systems (incl. GPU and/or FPGA development)
- Developing GUIs, web services, and/or database access layers
- Version control (Git, Mercurial, SVN, etc)
- Unit & integration testing
- Desktop & embedded platforms (incl. Windows & Linux)
Nice-to-Have Experience & Expertise
Any of the following would be an asset to candidates:
- Education and/or experience in physics, mathematics, electrical engineering, or related subjects
- Expertise in Matlab and/or Python for data processing and analysis
- Experience in continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins) and/or cloud computing (e.g. AWS)
- Background in geospatial data, machine/deep learning, or computer vision
Positions are based in Richmond, BC and may include travel.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the NATO Secret level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision-making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.