MDA is a key member of the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) program and is responsible for the ships’ Electronic Warfare (EW) system. The project is seeking a Senior Integrated Logistics Support Engineer based in Ottawa or Vancouver.
As the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer, you will leverage your logistics engineering experience over the entire life cycle of our systems. You understand the importance of productive relationships, actively seek information, confirm understanding and constructively resolve issues. You understand the logistics engineering and support discipline and what it means to successfully apply this to large, complex systems. You will be familiar with the requirements and standards used by the DND/CF/DoD, as well as the recognized standards and processes used by the aerospace industry, GEIA-0007, ASD S1000, and Mil-Std-1388.
In addition to the CSC program MDA provides opportunities to work on exciting projects in the areas of Space, Airborne, and Ground based systems for government and commercial customers. You must be self-motivated with excellent communication and people skills.
As the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer, you will have the opportunity to establish ownership and demonstrate your abilities in all phases of the system life-cycle, including:
- Review the client’s ILS requirements.
- Prepare ILS sections of proposal ILS CDRLs/SDRLs and DIDs.
- Prepare estimates (labour/non labour).
- Plan and manage ILS activities.
- Act as the technical authority for all subcontracted ILS work.
- Prepare ILS presentations and participate in project reviews and ILS related conferences.
Front End Analysis:
- Perform Reliability/availability analyses.
- Perform Maintainability Analyses.
- Perform RCM Analysis, Testability Analysis, Maintenance Task Analysis and preparation of reports.
- Preparation of Maintenance Plans.
- Perform Spares Analysis and preparation of provisioning documents.
- Participate in provisioning conferences.
- Familiar with Level of Repair Analysis.
- Familiar with Life Cycle Cost Analysis.
- Familiar with Logistics Support Analysis Requirements.
Technical Publication Development:
- Preparation of operator and maintenance manuals.
- Preparation of parts manuals.
- Participate in Tech Pub Reviews.
- Preparation of course training plans.
- Preparation of operator/maintainer training material.
- Conduct of operator/maintainer training courses.
Preparation for In-Service Support:
- Prepare In-service Support, Repair, and Obsolescence plans
- Engineering Degree /Diploma from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in ILS management, Front End Analysis, Logistics Analysis.
- Knowledge of System Engineering Life Cycle Processes.
- Reliability theory (standard distributions – exponential, log normal, normal, Weibull, Mil-Hdbk-217, Prism).
- Maintainability theory (Mil-Hdbk-472 or equivalent).
- Availability theory (Markov models).
- FMECA theory (Mil-Std-1629A or equivalent).
- Experience with Sparing Analysis (Poisson distribution).
- Experience with the use of reliability, availability, maintainability software tools [Windchill (RELEX)], Microsoft Office, MS Project, OmegaPS.
- Knowledge of Safety Analysis – such as Functional Hazard Assessments, Preliminary System Safety Analyses, System Safety Analyses, Occupational Safety Assessments, Environmental Safety Assessments using recognized industrial, aerospace, and/or military processes and methodologies.
- Possesses excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work within a large organization and understand dependencies and stakeholder needs.
- Comments/Special Considerations:
Successful candidate(s) must hold or be eligible to obtain NATO Level Security Clearance.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Eligible employees can share in the growth and continued success of MDA through the Employee Share Purchase Plan that enables the purchase of company shares at a discount to fair market value. Rewards programs provide employees and managers with opportunities to recognize and celebrate the individual achievements, challenges, and successes that are the company's foundation.