MDA is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator who will join our IT Systems infrastructure development and support team. The successful candidate will join a team of IT professionals responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, and management of critical systems across our corporate infrastructure. These systems include a variety of enterprise class business applications such as Active Directory services, VMWare hypervisor services, Storage Area Network (SAN) Services, database and web services, and PKI services hosted mostly within an enterprise wide Active Directory environment. In addition, the successful candidate will also provide technical support to a number of engineering and customer project deliverables. A strong emphasis is placed on secure architecture design and implementation as well as the use of secure management practices.
As a System Administrator, you will have the opportunity to leverage your experience to develop and support both our virtual environments and Windows based operations and security infrastructure. Your responsibilities include working individually and within teams and may include:
- Configuration and maintenance of Active Directory services infrastructures
- Configuration and maintenance of various virtual environments, which are currently VMware, but may also include other types of virtual environment infrastructures
- Configuration and maintenance of Storage Area Network (SAN) services including which are currently Dell EMC but may also include other types of Storage.
- Configuration, maintenance and use of other systems services within our Windows based infrastructure, including
- Microsoft operations management services such as SCCM and SCOM
- Microsoft PKI Services
- Privileged access Management Services
- Other Windows services including SharePoint, IIS and SQL Database services
- Installation, Configuration, and Administration of our Windows based servers and applications as required by both corporate IT and internal project customers, both on premise and cloud based
- Ensuring that systems, procedures, and their corresponding or associated software are operating in accordance and comply with established Corporate security policies, procedures and standards
- Leveraging Vulnerability Assessment tools and data to maintain system security
- Produce comprehensive design and maintenance documentation and training where required;
- Greater than 5 years system administration experience in a corporate multi-platform, multi-vendor environment;
- Knowledge of current technologies and software security best practices
- A high capacity for learning new technologies
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills
- A team oriented approach to solving technical problems
- Excellent written and verbal communications
Technical Requirements (Some combination of):
- Have a solid understanding of the architecture, design, implementation and management of all aspects of VMware Virtual Infrastructure technology.
- A thorough understanding of Fiber Channel, i-SCSI and NAS storage technology and other networking requirements related to the VMWARE VSphere environment;
- Have a strong understanding of the architecture, design, implementation and management of all aspects of Microsoft Windows operating systems as well as both on premise and cloud based application services. These include Active Directory 2016, PKI, SCCM and System Center Orchestrator, SharePoint.
- Have solid understanding of network services and interoperability
- Good proficiency in the use of PowerShell for managing IT infrastructure
- Have a solid understanding end experience of the fundamentals of IT security, including secure infrastructure design, as well as experience with security hardening practices such as those defined by the Center for Internet Security (CIS) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST 800-53);
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing purchase justifications, training users in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with end users and management;
- High proficiency in the use of PowerShell for managing IT infrastructure
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction;
- Ability to liaise with numerous departments, members and functional roles;
- Technical support and general troubleshooting;
- Monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts from commercial, and locally developed monitoring tools;
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.