As MDA’s Naval Military Subject Matter Expert for Defence, you will be required to perform a variety of roles from pure technical support to management of deployed operations or disparate teams. It is expected that you will develop a strong understanding of both MDA programmatic and Business Development practices where you will use your operational military experience to ensure that MDA is providing the best value and solutions to our customers in both program execution and proposal development. You will report directly to the Senior Director of Defence.
Support the MDA Naval projects and programs by providing recent military operational experience with respect to requirements and user experience.
Current named program’s you will be required to support:
- Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC)
- Minor Warships and Auxiliary Vessels (MWAV)
- Maritime Miniature Unmanned Airborne Systems (MMUAS)
- Victoria Class Trainor (VCT)
- Submarine Command Team Trainer (SCTT)
- Support our Business Development and Proposal efforts to ensure winning solutions and programmatic success with our Naval customers.
- Support any project with Military operational experience with respect to Force Protection, Theater Integration, Site stand up, Joint operations or other relevant requirements.
- Manage field and/or other operations in support of UAV services.
- Maintenance of Key RCN Naval relationships.
- Develop and Maintain Key NATO relationships.
- Operations Room Officer (ORO) qualified with the Royal Canadian Navy or equivalent
- Canadian Secret Clearance, (Top Secret preferred)
- Experience with either Canadian Naval Defence procurements or NATO procurements (Both would be exceptional)
- Current Military experience 1-3 years out of service Max.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.