We are looking for a Junior to Intermediate Software Engineer to support a research and development project that seeks to understand and demonstrate how Deep Learning algorithms can be best applied to large archives of imagery from RADARSAT-2 and other Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites to extract novel information that is relevant to defence and commercial customers. Working closely with a small team of SAR and Deep Learning analysts, the Software Engineer would be responsible for developing and maintaining the environments used to support prototyping, testing and demonstration of Deep Learning algorithms. This would include setting up AWS environments and developing the required pipelines for wrangling SAR and training data.
- Help design, prototype, test and maintain data pipeline(s) and deep learning test-bed environment
- Determine requirements for AWS environments and work with stakeholders from Engineering and IT to create and test required templates
- Determine requirements for on-premise deep learning environment and work with Engineering and IT to achieve this
- Lead conduct code reviews (helping to enforce expected standards) of test-bed code
- Help mature code from exploratory notebooks to baseline/production type code includes object-oriented design/abstraction, code optimization and unit testing
- Document software design and architecture decisions, implementation, and test plan/results
- Python - intermediate to expert
- MATLAB - basic understanding
- Object-oriented software design and programming
- Unit testing
- Strong verbal and written technical communication
- Strong geospatial analysis skills
Optional but would be an asset
- Advanced MATLAB, C++
- Machine Learning, especially neural networks applied to digital imagery
- Deep Learning frameworks (especially Tensorflow, but includes Caffe, Keras, etc.)
- GPU experience
- AWS/cloud computing
- Digital signal processing and image processing experience
- Experience with geospatial analysis/geographical information systems/remote sensing imagery.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
For candidates with less than three years of work experience, please include a transcript of your grades with your application.