Up to 5 years of experience in component engineering
Component Engineer (intermediate)
Up to 5 years in component engineering (Electrical, Electronic, Electromechanical - EEE specialist) preferably with an aerospace company.
Familiarity with MIL, NASA and ESA standards for components and materials such as:
- NASA GSFC EEE-INST-002 Instructions for EEE Parts Selection, Screening, Qualification, and Derating, ECSS-Q-ST-60 (Product Assurance Requirements of Space EEE Components) and their subsidiary specifications
- MIL-STD-883/750 (Test Methods and Procedures for Microelectronics)
Abilities and knowledge:
- Familiarity with space radiation effects/testing on EEEs an asset
- Ability to perform Constructional Analysis or Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA, MIL-STD-1580) on EEEs an asset
- EEE components Quality Controls and Reliability
- Experience with SEM, EDX, X-ray and other destructive and non-destructive techniques used for EEE inspection
- Familiar with Failure Analysis of EEE components an asset
- Eligible to NATO secret security clearance
- Evaluation of components design and workmanship for high reliability applications.
- Evaluation of components discrepancies impact on design and reliability.
- Preparation of Source Control Drawings (procurement specs)
- Providing advice to design engineers on component selection (based on heritage, quality and reliability requirements of programs/customers)
- Identification of alternate parts for obsolescence or where lead times or component costs are unsuitable
- Approval of parts lists
- Preparation of declared components lists & non-standard parts approvals requests & participate in Parts Control Boards (PCBs) with customers
- Audit of component suppliers to assure their processes & products are under control and meet the relevant standards
- Review supplier surveys to determine if they are eligible to Approved Suppliers List
- Act as technical interface and coordinator with suppliers for meetings, documentation exchanges, NDAs, Export controls, etc (Qualification, etc)
- Approval of Purchase orders for related component quality clauses
- Authorize the purchase of EEE items and ensure they fulfill program/customer requirements prior reception/stocking.
- Review/approval of data for incoming components (Incoming inspection reviews) including DPA results from external DPA houses.
- Assign Value Added Services to EEEs to ensure full compliance to Product Assurance requirements.
- Participate in internal and customer reviews of Non-conformances/discrepancies relating to EEEs (Engineering Review Boards – ERBs, Material Review Boards - MRBs)
- Maintain EEE items database (item creation/review, verify/update documentation, etc)
- Assess impact of Alerts/Product Change Notices from suppliers/industry
- Participate in Product Assurance efforts/initiatives (Continuous improvement, Corrective Actions, 8D approach, etc.)
- Review customer specifications to produce internal Statement of Compliance
- Participate in internal EEE related processes reviews & provide guidance/training to internal employees and customers about EEE requirements
- Participate in internal Qualification testing and Failure analysis of EEEs
- Electrical or physics engineering or equivalent
- Post graduate degree an asset
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Eligible employees can share in the growth and continued success of MDA through the Employee Share Purchase Plan that enables the purchase of company shares at a discount to fair market value. Rewards programs provide employees and managers with opportunities to recognize and celebrate the individual achievements, challenges, and successes that are the company's foundation.