MDA Canada a division of Maxar Technologies is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to support our Radar business team. In this role, you will interact with customers in coordination with sales, develop solutions, define pricing, prepare proposals, and close contracts. You will work closely with MDA's GSI group as well as 3rd party data providers to bring complete offerings to the market.
- Be responsible for all strategy, capture and proposal activities prior to contract award including managing bids and associated activities.
- Analyze and understand the market and the Customer's needs (technical and non-technical), the potential solutions, the competition, all other aspects and context of the opportunity.
- Develop and implement a winning strategy and pursuit plan.
- Form and manage a competitive pursuit team including members from both technical (engineering experts) and non-technical disciplines (contracts, finance, project management, legal, etc.).
- Coordinate all activities of the team members to maximize Maxar’s probability of winning.
- Develop new opportunities in the EMEAR region for the Maxar radar business.
- Work externally with Customers, partners and subcontractors, and internally with multiple business units and senior management as required to drive new revenue.
- Be responsible for negotiating contracts, and defining and executing various long-term strategic initiatives that are fundamental to the growth of Maxar’s leading role in the radar market.
- Requires 12 years of business development experience ideally working in one or more high technology organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science or other relevant discipline. 4 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Reputation as a winner - demonstrated expertise and success in leading pursuits and proposals.
- Experience with radar imagery sales and value proposition.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate.
- Demonstrated broad, complex strategic thinking capability.
- Proven ability to assess competition and other critical factors affecting a pursuit.
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills.
- Understanding of financial business models.
- Demonstrated ability to be customer focused.
- Proven ability to analyze information and provide solution to diverse problems.
- An average of 30-40% international travel will be required to meet customers to understand their requirements and to promote our offering.
- Experience working with customers and clients in the government and commercial sectors.
- Experience and familiarity with satellite remote sensing systems and associated ground segments.
- Experience and familiarity with satellite data applications.
- Experience writing proposals for complex projects.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.