This position is for Cam-Slide, a division of Magna Seating.
Magna Seating is an innovative leader in the development and manufacture of high quality complete seating systems, seat structure and mechanism solutions as well as foam & trim products for the global automotive industry. Our capabilities range from market and consumer research, full concept development, design and engineering, testing and validation to world-class manufacturing.
The Controls Technician (Class B) will work in conjunction with the maintenance team providing day-to-day troubleshooting, programming and technical support within the processing departments.
- Direct manufacturing line support.
- Troubleshoot equipment, process problems to complete quality improvements as required.
- Service, maintain, repair, install and test equipment in accordance to current machine specifications.
- PLC/HMI programming and maintenance to support production.
- Reteach and troubleshoot robotic material handlers and weld cells.
- Ability to create and modify electrical drawings, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams and schematics when required.
- Procure spare components, provide justification for ordered spares.
- Interface with suppliers and contractors on a technical level when required for the purpose of troubleshooting and debug.
- Ensure safety by work in accordance with the Ontario Hydro Electrical Code and CSA-Z432 safety standard.
- Assist with mechanical repairs as needed.
- Perform PM inspections as required.
- Follow Maintenance Manager and Team Leaders direction and task prioritization.
- Must adhere to all MAFACT requirements.
- Must comply with all ISO 14001 (Environmental) and OHSAS 18001 (Health and Safety) systems and standards as it pertains to their work.
- Abide by all AODA and C-TPAT procedures that apply to their position
Knowledge and Education
- Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic Technician or similar Engineering degree/diploma/certificate or Trades Qualification and significant equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot industrial networks (DeviceNet, EthernetIP).
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot machine safety circuits and applications (ABB Jokab).
- Understanding of VFD, DC and Servo Drive systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the following: PLC/HMI programming and troubleshooting, Robot programming and troubleshooting.
- Previous experience and exposure to robotics (ABB, Motoman).
- Wiring and panel building experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Understanding of welding and welding processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents, schematic design specification and update drawings as required.
- Understanding of Data Tracking and the use of Barcode Scanners or RFID.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiar with Vision Systems (Keyence, Cognex, Omron).
- Knowledge in the following software packages: Allen Bradley RSLogix 500,5000, Factory Talk View Studio, Allen Bradley Panel Builder32, Omron CX-Programmer, Omron NT-series Support Tool.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embrace continuous improvement.
- Willingness to build strong working relationships and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Must be respectful, approachable and team oriented.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required.