Solid understanding of software development, architecture and patterns, and a passion for data then you’ll be a great fit. We’re a small, entrepreneurial team making a difference in a variety of industries ranging from consumer care products to automotive products, electronics, and secure, compliance software tools.
The team do all this from our beautiful, beachfront office located in West Vancouver, with rooftop terrace, gym facilities and an organic rooftop garden.
- You will work with our Network and Systems Manager
- Design target architectures for data processing and storage
- You will be responsible for helping to analyze of our data storage environments – mostly MS SQL Server Azure and Azure blob storage but also some on premises MS SQL too.
- You’ll work alongside our other developers regarding current system designs.
- You will identify unnecessary redundancy, duplication, deprecated functionality and opportunities for clean-up within our repositories, and plan and execute those improvements.
- You will focus on standardization and simplification, cost reduction, appropriate investment, system resilience, high cohesion and lose coupling.
- You have an expert level understanding of software development paradigms, especially related to data management.
- You have strong ideas on best practices but respect other perspectives and can change your own when presented with equally strong ideas.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline
- Software enterprise patterns.
- Very good knowledge of .NET, C#.
- Experience with unit testing and automated testing.
- Good knowledge of NoSQL system use, including key value data stores and document storage.
- Expert knowledge of RDBMS
- Relational concepts
- SQL (T-SQL)
- Stored procedures
- Query optimization
- Strong experience with source control repositories such as Git, TFS or SVN.
Nice to have:
- Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- IaaS/PaaS cloud providers.
- Exposure to SOA, micro-services environments, CQRS or event sourcing
- Experience building bots and leveraging machine vision, machine learning and blockchain.
- Webpack, React Native, AngularJS
85K + partial work from home policy
If you feel you meet the hiring criteria and are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, you can submit your application below with your updated resume attached. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.