Magna Powertrain is a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in powertrain design, development, testing and manufacturing. Offering complete system integration sets us apart from our competitors. An operating group of Magna International, Magna Powertrain is headquartered in Troy, Michigan with sales/administration office located in Concord, Ontario.
The Systems Administrator is a technically savvy and customer focused individual, and a member of the Shared Service Group (SSG), Canada. SSG is a group of technical professionals responsible for all divisional IT operations in the Canadian region. IT Administrators are responsible for providing support to divisions in all aspects of information technology and systems including: Networks, Security, Data, ERP, Phone Systems, Copiers, Mobile Devices, End User Configuration/Delivery, and End User Support. They will have the responsibility of systems deployment, training, administration, management, and maintenance in alignment with business objectives.
- Design, implement, and support TCP/IP networks, and network services/devices including: switches, Access Points, DHCP, and Wi-Fi
- Follow IT policies and procedures to control information security
- Assist with SOX, TS, and C-TPAT compliance
- Create user accounts and maintain appropriate access for individuals to necessary information
- Continuously support and improve divisional ERP and EDI systems including connections to customers and vendors
- Maintain and support telephony equipment. Extension and voicemail addition, move, and deletion.
- Support print servers, printers, plotters, and copiers
- Configure, deploy, and support end-users with laptops, desktops and mobile devices
- Manage and oversee administrative duties on all divisional IT equipment including servers, UPS units, filers, network DVR, hand scanners, and PC’s
- Handle requests from divisional users via telephone, e-mail, helpdesk and in person to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution
- Document all issues and develop work instructions for end-users and other IT Administrators
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem to the appropriately experienced IT staff
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Assists in the analysis, design, and provide support during implementation on divisional projects.
- Work closely with SSG IT Team on a daily basis and travel when necessary to other local divisions to provide optimal level of support
- Provide after hours remote and on-site support for maintenance and in an emergency
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
- College Diploma in Computer Systems/Science
- Networking knowledge of routers, switches, VLAN management, and WiFi
- Strong knowledge of Windows environment including Active Directory
- Strong background in operating systems, networking technologies, office information systems, relational database architectures, internet and intranet development
- ERP/MRP experience is required, strong preference for automotive experience
- Experience in negotiating licensing contracts, and Service Level Agreements
- Experience in establishing and administrating Information Technology Policy
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with broad range of audience using non-technical language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to details
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Must have strong English written and verbal skills
- Must be self motivated and display the skills required to develop and motivate employees
- Must work well under pressure
Office environment. Limited local travel as required.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.