This position is for MSM, a division of Magna Powertrain.
Magna Powertrain, an operating unit of Magna International, is a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in powertrain design, development, testing and manufacturing. Offering complete system integration sets us apart from our competitors.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for Troubleshooting and maintaining production equipment, which includes electrical, hydraulics, mechanic and pneumatic components such as cylinders, pumps, motors, valves, pipes, hoses, filters, gearboxes, bearing assemblies etc.
•Assure that all gauges are calibrated with no past due gauges on the floor.
- Work with people on the floor to ensure all gauges and work benches are clean and presentable at all times.
- Maintain records on all gauges and keep records up to date for ISO14001 and TS16949 Audits
- Actively and positively support the continued practice of Core Values behaviours
- Initiate and embrace company change
- Inspect layout of all parts in stamping, CNC operations, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Participate in the quality planning/improvement activities, prepare PPAP documentations as directed by Assistant Quality Manager.
- Review MPP’s & process control plan, write programs for CMM to check new parts, generate programs for CMM to check new parts and edit and modify existing part programs.
- Review and modify existing CMM programs to reduce cycle time
- Perform gauge R&R and accuracy studies, perform machine and process capability studies.
- Perform annual part validation/layout of all production parts
- Perform other assignment from time to time as management so directs.
•Skilled in CMM programming and operation with a minimum of 2 years’ experience (Mitutoyo & Ziess Software)
- Bachelor of Science or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant automotive design experience including components,
- assemblies, systems and/or sub-systems.
- Above average computer skills necessary
- Advanced knowledge of PPAP, FMEA, MSA, SPC, GD&T and skilled in measurement systems analysis criteria, calibration and test technologies
- Must be able to communicate fluently on bint written and spoken English
MSM is an equal opportunity employer. If you are an applicant with a disability, we kindly ask that you inform of us of any required accommodation so that we may be of assistance to you throughout the selection process.
Only successful applicants will be contacted directly for next steps, though we graciously thank all candidates for their interest in MSM and highly encourage you to regard Magna International as an employer of choice.