Tycos Tool and Die, a division of Magna Exteriors Inc., is a tool shop specializing in building medium to large-sized tooling to support Magna Exteriors divisions globally. Our primary focus is injection molds but our specialties also include hydro-form dies, high/low pressure casting, reaction injection molding, injection compression, compression and insert molding. We are currently executing a growth strategy that will have us expanding our capabilities to support tooling initiatives domestically and in Mexico, the UK, India and China
• Ability to perform prescribed duties and responsibilities outlined in Designer Trainee category.
- Adhere to and promote the Magna Employee Charter; work within the rules, regulations and guidelines of the Tycos Employee Handbook and follow all Tycos instructions, policies and procedures
- Adhere to applicable quality systems and Support the total Tycos Management System (MAFACT, WCM, ISO-9001)
- Learn to use standard library models to design tools that meet customer/Tycos specifications.
- Complete Training Matrix requirements for Designer Trainee
- Assist in design of tooling at the direction of the Design Team Leader
- Create final support documents such as details, plaques and final tool assemblies for customer.
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours as required to meet the demands on the engineering department.
- Travel as required for investigational or training purposes.
- Exposure to MAFACT operating system.
- Maintain work area in accordance with the principles of 5S and operate daily within these standards; Ensure work area is kept neat and organized
- Participate in and support Continuous Improvement and WCM initiatives
- Perform other duties as required
- Be available to all team members for questions and feedback.
- Encourage and support the Open Door Process and the Fairness Committee
- Inform Design Team Leader of any additional training or resources required to effectively perform their work.
- Participate in the performance appraisal process by providing constructive 360 review feedback of peers.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- Perform and ensure team performs all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abide by all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations, promote safety in the workplace; Enforce safety rules and correct unsafe acts or conditions
- Report all accidents/incidents and unsafe conditions/behaviours
- Complete monthly expense reports for any approved out of pocket expenses on ISO expense documents
• Minimum completion of Grade 12 diploma
- College diploma / University degree in a relevant technical field, or equivalent experience an as
• Practical experience in mold build and/or CNC machining and/or tool design.
• Maintain confidentiality and integrity.
- Working knowledge of design related software (Siemens NX Mold Wizard preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with Design team members.
- Possess a strong mathematical aptitude
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to analyze reports and department statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems
- Results-oriented and able to work under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office e.g. Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Must be available and willing to travel internationally as required for training, benchmarking, etc.
- Must be a team player who is self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Must be service oriented and display attitudes which support Tycos Tool & Die philosophies and goals
- Promote and facilitate positive communication with and between all employees