Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The primary responsibility of the Application Framework Test Engineer is to update and execute the manual and automated testing efforts for assigned projects to ensure projects meet the quality standards set by product owners. The Application Framework Test Engineer will focus on analyzing requirements, developing and testing sample applications, and creating and maintaining manual and automated test cases in line with ongoing agile development. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Work hand-in-hand with product teams, key stakeholders and developers
- Create and test sample apps and experiences using the application framework to provide end-user testing of APIs
- Support overall engineering and architecture effort of the software group from a quality perspective
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality test scripts
- Develop / Test and Run manual and automated tests on daily basis ensuring complete test coverage of requirements
- Investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- Build, maintain and test apps to continually prove the effectiveness and quality of the application framework
- Analyze and report on test progress, status and performance metrics
- 5+ years of experience of hands-on development in C++ development
- 2+ years of React Native experience and mobile specific development experience (iOS, Android, hybrid platforms)
- 5+ years proficient experience working on software products in QA / Automation related testing
- Experience with testing SDKs, APIs and applications on embedded devices
- Thorough understanding of all test fundamentals, test management tools, and defect tracking tools
- Experience with analyzing requirements, test planning / execution, automated testing and reporting
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix, Google C++ Test Framework (GTest) and Google C++ Mocking Framework (GMock) is a plus
- Experience with analyzing requirements, test planning / execution, manual and automated testing, and reporting
- Experience with mobile software development and, testing and developing custom / sample applications in an embedded system
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and "can do" attitude
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.