Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
We are hiring software engineers to focus on the next generation of mixed reality apps for our new Spatial Computing platform.
This position will offer you the chance to work closely with other cross-platform software engineers to design, develop, debug and deploy many functional aspects of the Lumin OS. If you are a fast learner with a positive attitude and a strong passion for working with new technology, come to join us in redefining the way people experience the world through unique Spatial Computing technologies.
- Develop complex multithreaded spatial aware core applications
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test-driven principles to develop high-quality applications
- Research, design, prototype, and implement mixed-reality 3D calibration applications
- Utilize C++ to design and implement new 3D applications utilizing perception and eye tracking algorithm teams
- Implement new software integration framework to interface with hardware using proprietary 3D Game Engine and low-level proprietary perception libraries
- Develop innovative, automated testing and data collection procedures, while devising methods to maintain access to data by other groups across the company
- Closely work with perception and algorithm development teams to define ground truth data collection and algorithm verification needs
- Design software to allow customized data collection and testing at a system level
- Design and implement prototype software systems capable of real-time custom data collection from proprietary, custom-designed hardware systems
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- 5-8+ years proficient experience working on software products
- Expert level C++ in a production environment
- Knowledge of API design and SDK architecture
- Expert in Multi-threading & Multi-process architecture
- Strong functional and automated testing, test strategy and planning and development experience
- Expert in Object Oriented design paradigm
- Able to write optimized code for target CPU & GPU
- Familiarity with Android Open Source toolchains, techniques, and native libraries.
- Familiarity with the Android application component model and embedded IPC mechanisms.
- Experience with 3D Math, vectors, transformations
- Experience with any kind of localization framework
- Experience with OpenGL, DirectX or other graphics API's and Game Engines
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines