Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Magic Leap is looking to expand its Lumin Runtime team, we are looking for exceptionally talented senior programmers who are ready for a challenge to help in the production of our proprietary Spatial computing application framework.
- Participate in strategic planning to align effort with company goals.
- Architect and implement systems, input mechanisms, and responsive UI elements for mixed reality environments.
- Work closely with UX designers to realize their specifications and designs.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code.
- Work within a custom runtime engine and expand the capabilities as required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues.
- Act as a subject matter expert within the company and developer community.
- Mentor junior engineers on technical and professional skills to enable career growth.
- 12+ years experience in relevant industry.
- Advanced understanding in C/C++.
- Advanced understanding of computer graphics, 3d engines and 3d technology principles.
- Strong understanding of Art pipeline
- AR/VR or spatial computing development experience.
- Strong computer science and maths background.
- A demonstrable willingness to develop software engineering process and application production skills.
- Ability to do task breakdown and write documentation.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Must be a team player and know the importance of listening to others.
- An avid enthusiast for Spatial computing and 3d technologies.
- Must have a high attention to detail and extremely high bar for the quality of their work.
- Able to work independently, prioritize and handle pressure.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple projects at the same time, and anticipate business and product needs.
- Must have great time management skills to perform in a busy work environment.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Experience mentoring and collaborating with staff from multiple disciplines.
- Lead Experience in at least 2 projects.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or a related technical field
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.