Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The primary responsibility of the lead engineer is to be a technical leader in the SDK Unity development team in defining and implementing the Unity 3D interface for Magic Leap's SDK offering. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Lead the design and architecture of the SDK Unity SDK offering.
- Work hand-in-hand with the key stakeholders and Unity team lead using the SDK, Unity 3D and associated tools.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Act as a mentor for Unity team developers.
- Review individual developer's code in the team to ensure highest code quality in the SDK Unity 3D team.
- 5 to 10 years of extensive experience working on software products
- 5 years extensive experience working with Unity 3D engine and have source code experience
- Experience working in engineering teams in an agile and dynamic environment
- Extensive experience working with developer tools like emulators, debuggers, profilers etc
- Strong functional and automated testing, test strategy and planning and development experience
- Experience with mobile software development a plus
- Experience building Game Engines is nice to have
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.