Magenta Inc. is a tabletop ceramic design and manufacturing firm/ importer headquartered in San Francisco Bay Area, with regional offices throughout Hong Kong and Mainland China. We are a fast-paced company working with several established and well-known gift and homeware retailers throughout the US.
Celebrating personal style with a unique twist. Inspired by the artisans who love and live their craft. Designing beautiful and simple pieces for the home that can forever be enjoyed.
Established in 2002, our passion for creating stylish and memorable pieces continues to grow. Our collaborations with artisans and designers offer a wide range of authentic, sophisticated collections suited to a variety of environments and personalities. Through our select factories in Asia, we work with skilled craftspeople whose love of hand-sculpting and glazing techniques rivals only our exacting eye for quality and tradition.
This position will provide support to the Director of Sales, as well as the Director of Operations, and will play an integral role in the success of the office. We do not provide work visa sponsorship.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Order processing and data entry.
- Communicating with corporate buyers.
- Preparing and completing spreadsheets, templates, project documentation, and product distribution forms.
- Tracking samples to and from factories and clients.
- Executing, cataloging and maintaining files of sample photos.
- Organizing, compiling and filing product sell sheets.
- Managing all communications with vendors, factories and corporate clients.
- Handling incoming/outgoing shipments of ceramic samples.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Associate degree preferred or equivalence of 4+ years of experience.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel specifically) and computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative without immediate supervision.
- Highly developed communication and grammar skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management skills and strong team player.
- Detail-oriented and self-driven individual.
- Experience with QuickBooks (Accounting System) is a plus.
- Relevant prior experience in importer/ oversea trading company is a plus.
What you get in return:
- A company committed to empowering artists and employees to bring the best art and design to the world.
- All the standard benefits you'd expect from a company plus company events.
- The opportunity to work with diverse, passionate, and thoughtful teammates
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Entry, quickbooks, buyer coordination, excel: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time: