Founded in 1997, Maesa provides innovative, high quality exclusive beauty products, driving value and differentiation for retailers and brand owners. Maesa operates three categories of business - exclusive brands for mass and drug retailers, private label for specialty retailers and outsourcing for beauty brands. Maesa partners with over 80 global customers such as Elizabeth Arden, Parlux, Ralph Lauren, Sally Beauty, Target, Banana Republic, Ulta, Walmart, H&M, and Zara. Launching over 3,000 proprietary products a year, Maesa delivers proprietary design, product development, speed-to-market, cost savings, and resource efficiencies. Headquarted in New York and Paris, with additional offices in Los Angeles, Vienna, Dubai, Hong Kong, and Dongguan, Maesa employs over 300 team members worldwide with over 130 employees in the US.
Maesa is currently seeking a Key Account Manager to join our team. This person will be responsible for all aspects of the business associated with account and project management. This role reports to the Vice President of Sales.
- Full execution and optimization of sales plan in order to drive net sales and market share growth with your national and international accounts.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with all relevant stakeholders at our Retail and Distribution partners.
- Be the primary contact and liaison with your accounts. Be an expert for the full brand portfolio, being able to speak fluently about the brands' product offerings.
- Be knowledgeable about competing brands and products for specific customers.
- Present and communicate your brands' newness to your accounts.
- Coordinate with Business Analysts and Operations on special projects for prepacks, promotions, and incremental purchases.
- Maintenance of items (SKU) information, updates, pricing, etc.
- Implement new items and plan-o-gram updates
- Assist with meeting and presentation preparations
- Completion of all paperwork and forms needed by each account, new items setup, add/deletes, conversion kits and prepacks where a broker is not assigned
- Maintain store list and history of distribution
- Access account-specific websites to pull down POS data
- Assist with the deduction process to clear up account claims
- Track orders for select accounts; order and pricing accuracy
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors degree
- 2-3 years of experience in account management, preferably within the Beauty industry
- A passion for Beauty
- Full-cycle project management experience
- Previous experience and the ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills