Permanent, Full Time, On Call, Weekend
The Chicken Labourer will be responsible for the care and well-being of the chickens, carrying out daily chores and accurate record keeping for audit purposes.
- Execute and record daily chores.
- Clean out and set up chicken barns in-between flock placements.
- Attend to chick delivery on placement date and prepare for chicken shipping on marketing date.
- Record and administer medication where required.
- Operate basic machinery and hand/power tools to perform routine maintenance tasks, assist with repair projects.
- Responsible for responding to the chicken barn alarm whenever they occur.
- Follow the unit’s biosecurity protocol.
- General housekeeping.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Tractor & farm truck experience an asset
- Own transportation; Valid driver's licence