Madoor is hiring a full-time Java developer to develop and maintain our cloud-based server product. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented Java developer to advance their career by joining a startup and growing engineering team. Our company is fast-paced and fun, promotes a strong work-life balance, and offers great benefits and very competitive compensation.
- Developing software for a highly available cloud service
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code using best software development practices.
- Design and develop Public and Private Website features
- Implement excellent web service best practices
- Integrate data from various front-end services and databases.
- Work closely with frontend developers
- Troubleshoot and debug apps
- Participate in routine stand-ups, code reviews, and testing parties
- Create and maintain software documentation (Sharepoint and Confluence)
- Post-secondary education in engineering or computer science.
- 2+ years experience in the following technologies is required: Java (Spring Boot Framework), NoSQL (Cassandra)
- Preference will be given to candidates who are proficient in the following languages: Java, Swift, React, Cassandra
- Strong understanding of web services (Restful API)
- Experience with mobile app development and/or experience working in a software company would be an asset
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application (Cloud deployment with multiple nodes)
- Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems
- Experience developing applications for a cloud environment such as Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, etc.
- Solid knowledge of unit, integration and automation testing methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong testing and debugging skills
- Must work great in a team and also as an individual contributor
- Ability to champion new ideas and develop creative approaches
- Analytical thinker with the ability to problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Understanding of agile methodology
Stuff That Earns You Bonus Points
- Prior work with frameworks/tools such as Spring Boot, Kafka, Cassandra, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Performance analysis and JVM tuning skills
- Comfortable building metrics, monitoring, and alerting for micro-services
Job Type: Full-time
- enterprise application development with Java: 2 years (Preferred)
- degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Eng (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- Cassandra: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spring Framework: 2 years (Required)
- Java: 3 years (Required)