Join Madison Square Park Conservancy, the non-profit organization that operates and programs historic 6.2 acre Madison Square Park, a premier public green space and cultural hub in New York City.
The Conservancy seeks a full-time Marketing and Communications Manager to support the department in the implementation of outreach strategies encompassing all aspects of the Conservancy's events, programmatic, development, and sponsorship needs. This position will report to the Executive Director.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will:
- Coordinate and lead strategic direction for all communications related to Madison Square Park, and its related programs and events.
- Manage MSPC's Graphic Design and Communications Associate
- Collaborate and consult on all Conservancy graphic design needs including brochures, in-Park signage, event invites, and on-site event graphics * Manage Digital Communications
- Develop and execute strategies to increase audience engagement and conversions
- Plan, write, and edit content across social media, website, and e-newsletter
- Manage multi-channel campaign calendar
- Build and foster community across all communications channels
- Report on analytics * Public Relations
- Support PR firm with any needs including on-site press management, scheduling, and press requests
- Draft press releases as needed * Sponsorship
- Support Director of Community Engagement in sponsorships and fulfill all marketing/communications tasks in sponsorship agreements
- Oversee drafts of sponsorship decks & graphic layouts * Support all Conservancy program directors, and events and programs
- Three to five years' experience working in a marketing/communications capacity
- A dynamic, enthusiastic individual who can take both initiative and direction
- Fluency with social media and current trends
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills a must
- Substantial experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- A creative eye
- A team player who enjoys collaboration
- First-rate interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and thoroughness
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits.
Madison Square Park Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Communications: 5 years (Preferred)
- Marketing Communications: 5 years (Preferred)