Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Madison-Reed is a fast growing prestige beauty brand empowering women with a revolutionary way to color their hair. Rather than settling for a suboptimal hair color "box" product or an expensive and time consuming salon visit - we provide her with a hair color experience she never thought possible: Salon-gorgeous multi-tonal hair color with shine and softness, a no-smell low chemical ingredient profile, gold standard customer service with certified licensed colorists on call, cutting-edge diagnostic color matching technology, delivered to her door/on her schedule at a revolutionary price. Our proposition represents a revolution to a $50 billion dollar hair care industry and a welcome innovation for millions of women who didn't think a better way was possible.
The above is what we do, but what is more profound is our why. Our proposition is an expression of a deep-founded belief of our founder Amy Errett, who believes all women should own their beauty, which includes deserving more and living their most brilliant and honest expression of themselves. Our company values are not just how we treat our customers but how we treat our team of 80+ employees: love, joy, courage, responsibility, and trust.
Madison-Reed is headquartered in San Francisco and we are backed by leading investors: Norwest Partners, True Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Maveron, and Shea Ventures.
Who You Are:
Are you a Digital Product Manager who's ready to roll up your sleeves and help build a business at light speed while disrupting a $50 billion industry? We have the opportunity to build a digital experience that bridges both our brick and mortar Color Bars and our existing web and app properties. We're trying to build the un-Salon, something no one has done before. In order to solve these problems, you not only possess a strategic understanding of both business and customer motivations, but you can also drive results, defining the digital footprint of the entire company.
You Will Be Able To:
Skills & Requirements:
- Be a self-starter with a strong product sense. You'll have the freedom to move fast, ask a lot of questions, and get into the weeds
- Use key metrics of customer satisfaction, conversion, & revenue and your strategic problem-solving skills to guide priorities
- Use your deep empathetic understanding of user experience and user research, bringing to life exceptional digital experiences
- Work with large data sets to answer questions about user behavior and discover insights that develop into elegant product specifications and inspire future tests
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and business leads on product flows and aesthetics
- Write detailed user stories, identify edge cases, and work with the engineering team to roll out features in an agile, continuous deployment environment
- Work between business, design, and engineering stakeholders to define the path forward for features and the company
- Ensure that partners feel involved and informed at all times
Information for Recruiters:
- 3+ years of experience in digital product management
- Demonstrated ability to create effective consumer experiences at a BtoC high-end brand
- Experience in (or passion for) beauty, eCommerce, and/or subscription
- Comfortable working in an Omni-Channel environment, focusing on both brick and mortar and digital experiences
- Experience in an analytical product, marketing, or biz ops role doing A|B testing & direct user feedback (user testing, focus groups, etc)
- Strong generalist that can bring structured thinking and analysis across functional areas
- Bachelor degree required, MBA or other analytical or technical training helpful
- Well organized and meticulous about details, able to juggle multiple priorities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving start-up
- A self-starter and a proactive, positive leader with excellent communication skills
Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes