Maderra Personnel is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Package Engineer - River Operation in St. John's, NL.
Located in St. John's, Newfoundland, Maderra Engineering Inc. provides project management, project services, engineering, technical and personnel services to the Energy, Resource, and Commercial sectors. We are a progressive, people-powered, and energetic company, and our vision is that each member of the Maderra Team is empowered to control the success of the company.
- Responsible to Area Manager - River Operations for the overall delivery of allocated packages) in accordance with the approved budget
- Use Spillway rating curves and reservoir storage curves to recommend gate settings for Spillway Operations to maintain target water levels in the reservoir
- Run Vista software to generate forecasted flows
- Run hydraulic models to assess impact on flow releases on downstream stakeholders
- Update dam related Emergency Preparedness Plans as necessary
- Provide support for assessment of effectiveness and installation of public safety infrastructure
- Update Stage 2 River Management Manual and Operation, Maintenance, and Surveillance (OMS) Manual as necessary
- Prepare daily Reservoir Operations Reports for use by Spillway Operations
- Work closely with River Operations and Engineering to ensure all dam safety requirements are being implemented and compliance with CDA Dam Safety Guidelines at site
- Establish Deliverable Distribution Matrix based on Supplier Document Registers
- Graduation from a recognized university with a Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 2 years successful experience, in technical as well as project management and construction roles.
- Understanding of project management processes and management systems.
- Familiar with hydrotechnical principles, concepts, and modelling.
- Experience with dam safety would bean asset.
- Experience with hydroelectric projects would be an asset.
Job Type: Contract