About the Company
Ardmore Home Design is a privately-owned luxury manufacturer and wholesaler of exquisite home decor, headquartered in eastern Los Angeles County. We provide products under the following key wholesale brands: Made Goods (our flagship highly-regarded home furnishings), Pigeon & Poodle (home accessories), Blue Pheasant (tabletop) and Thucassi (candles and scent diffusers). Our clients are interior designers and retail stores.
Reporting to the Made Goods Global Sales Director, the Director of Customer Service is responsible for hiring, training, managing and developing our internal customer service team members and our remote showroom managers. We seek to elevate the client support experience through creating a sales and luxury service focus for the team.
- Develop and maintain a structured, new hire training program on the Made Goods brand and provide continuous learning opportunities for incumbent staff members.
- Manage productivity (through reviewing invoicing, sales to invoicing rations, canceled order rates, etc.) and set performance standards to meet company client service goals.
- Partner with the Director of Sales Operations on system and sales data to support service initiatives.
- Train and coach employees to develop communications skills in the areas of email exchanges, conflict resolution, brand sales and presentation, etc.) in order to achieve high performance.
- Work with Showroom Managers to develop service, outreach, and training plans, events (including budgeting and goal setting) and showroom travel plans (such as coordinating with leadership and the sales team to ensure appropriate visit scheduling).
- Work with the Marketing staff on customer feedback regarding various tools (catalog, website, tear sheets, care cards, etc.)
- Respond professionally to escalated service inquiries with customers and sales reps and provide effective resolution.
- Partner with the management team to align the customer service team policies and systems with the company's objectives.
- Develop and implement procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the Customer Service Department.
- Monitors programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains in-depth working knowledge of Ardmore Home Design systems and processes.
- Measures team performance and makes employment decisions with the support of HR.
- Provides feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Provides feedback to Operations team to ensure all customers have accurate and timely information on order status and/or changes.
- Works continually towards self-development to stay current on customer service, sales and supervisory procedures & practices.
- Assists Customer Service Representatives, Account Managers, Sales Reps/Dealers to troubleshoot orders which require special handling.
- Acts as a resource in resolving customer issues brought to the Department by utilizing excellent Ardmore Home Design process knowledge and strong negotiations/sales skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 5 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 5 years (Required)
- Managing: 5 years (Required)