Mad Mexicanhas a vision to grow our artisan Mexican Food Manufacturing business from a Toronto-area to a province, no better yet, a Canada-wide distribution of our food products. To do this, we need authentic and strong people willing to walk the fields alongside us to create our path for real Mexican food in the Canadian marketplace.
If you love the delicious taste of perseverance - we want you.
We are looking for a continuous improvement-oriented Production Manager to join our revolutionary team. You are energetic, balanced, and hungry for hunting down problems, creating organization and can dance to the beat to our strong work ethic. You can keep order in the house, yet have a warm attentive style that connects you to our 200+ retail clients and your fellow revolutionaries. So, you are our ideal candidate.
In this exciting position, you will take the lead role in the production management of an expanding company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the cost of all Mad Mexican products under the pre-stipulated value.
- Ensure quality and consistency of all our products and suppliers products.
- Follow up and fix any issue that is related to the product, employees, brand and the company as a whole as soon as possible.
- Keep tracking of production and produce with supported numbers in order to not run out of any products neither waste any. (supported numbers means: comparing and considering last week/last year numbers, season, holidays and events in the city).
- Comply all deadlines.
- Be on top of every single employee in terms of worked hours, tasks to be accomplished, be constantly training and following up procedures with the staff, provide performance review to them every 3 months.
- Be ready to hire at any time, have interviews with possible candidates every week in order to have the best people working in Mad Mexican and be always prepared in case any dismissal need to be done.
- Have all documents, files and archives up to date and well organized at all the time.
- Be in constant follow up with all requirements and requests from all areas towards the production plant.
- Comply maintenance schedule to avoid any dysfunction of machines or plant structure.
- Be always ahead and prepared to act before facing any issues.
- Oversee the logistic department and have a clear communication with logistic supervisor during all processes.
- Supervise that all HACCP and SQF requirements are being followed.
- Be in constant communication and oversee processes with HACCP and SQF coordinator, making sure that documents and files are being filled out and archived properly daily.
- Ensure that the cleaning of the whole plant is getting done up to the standards every day.
- Provide all invoices from suppliers on time to accounts payable department. It must be signed and checked before handling it for payment to be proceed. Make sure that all invoices will not be misplaced.
- Ensure that supplier's orders are being placed ahead of time avoiding any shortage.
- Be on top of suppliers prices, if any cost changes it must be communicated to the CEO.
- Have a clear communication with all areas in the company and ahead of time if something changes the routine of the plant.
- Come well prepared to managers meeting every week.
- Come up with new ideas and/or suggestions in order to make processes more efficient and effective.
- General plant safety, food safety, food research, development initiatives and good manufacturing practices.
- Plan and implement maintenance to machinery and equipment.
- Participate in quality improvement and process waste elimination efforts.
Requirements and skills
- Flexibility for all shifts
- Experience directing and managing all plant operations. Maintenance, quality, inventory control, staffing and other plant activities
- Food industry and engineering background
- Experience with Mexican food and tortilla production is a great asset
- Provide leadership and training
- Effective Communicator verbal and written in English
- Computer skills, mostly Microsoft word and excel
Expectations in return:
- $50,000 to $60,000 annually salary, based on experience
- Vacation paid
- Discounts on company's products
- An amazing opportunity to grow your career with a leading food company
If you are someone that fits in this position and have a passion to be part of a high potential food company, please submit your resume with your accomplishments and achievements on it.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Food Production Management: 1 year (Required)
- HACCP (Required)
- Food Handler (Preferred)
- SIN/Work Permit (Required)