Mad Mexican has a vision to grow our artisan Mexican Food from a Toronto-area to a province, no better yet, a Canada-wide distribution of our food products. To do this, we need authentic and strong people willing to walk the fields alongside us to create our path for real Mexican food in the Canadian marketplace.
If you love the delicious taste of perseverance - we want you.
You are energetic, balanced, and hungry for hunting down problems, creating organization and can dance to the beat to our strong work ethic. You can keep order in the house, yet have a warm attentive style that connects you to guests and your fellow revolutionaries.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, have exceptional problem solving skills, be results-oriented and most important have a high standard in customer service.
Availability to work Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays evenings is required.
As a Restaurant Manager, you are fully responsible for developing an unique experience for our guests when coming to Mad Mexican. The manager is also responsible for the day-to-day operations, ensuring that the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably while delighting every single guest that visit us.
Love and passion for what you do is an absolute must.
- Maintains customer service standards at the highest level
- Ensures all steps of service are followed by all staff (every single time)
- Ensures that food & drinks quality, bill times and presentation are maintained precisely
- Manages customer complaints in an unique manner and provides feedback to staff
- Must be an active floor presence encouraging table interactions and upselling. Provide feedback gathering and networking to ensure 100% guest satisfaction
- Controls the atmosphere and image of the restaurant to ensure that the guest experience is stunning. Daily management of lighting, music direction, dress code and staff energy all within the brand direction of the Mad Mexican
Food and Beverage Cost Controls
- Checks in a weekly basis that all alcohol orders are placed and received accurately. All paperwork is signed off on and action is taken where it is not
- Actively monitors food portions, drink recipes, waste and spillage. Ensuring proper recording is done and that everything is matching up
- Actively provides feedback and implements changes to reduce Spillage/waste
- Ensures staff are trained properly to ensure awareness of the products used and accuracy of recipes are followed
- Controls the bar cost at 25%
- Ensures schedules are written properly in a weekly basis and sent to staff every Wednesday
- Responsible for the accuracy of daily punches ensuring all employees are following proper steps to record hours. Ensure labour targets are managed
- Bi-weekly payroll reporting to the Human Resources department.
- Ensures staff are achieving sales goals
- Ensures best practices for efficiency on the floor are followed
- Understands tools and techniques to achieve labour targets. Increasing sale through promotion, KPIs, table management and customer service management
- Controls the labour cost at 13% FOH
Team Management and Motivation:
- Recruits, interviews and hires team members.
- Plays an active role in training the FOH team
- Ensures all employees are orientated to the restaurant and have been given proper policy/procedure training
- Provide feedback to all staff right after the end of their shifts
- Manages employee performance including Training, and Discipline
- Encourages FOH staff to be successful in a weekly sales goals
Promotions and Networking:
- Works together with the Marketing department to plan the decorations and promotions for special events or special dates through the year
- Maintains a clean, safe, secure and healthy environment to work in. This includes the entire restaurant, storage areas, office spaces and bathrooms.
- Is responsible for maintenance of the FOH, office and market area.
- Basic Cash duties are done to 100% accuracy. Auditing all deposits to ensure daily drops are done, cash and coin replaced in floats
Address: 405 Jane Street, Toronto
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $58,000.00 /year
- Restaurant management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Work Permit / SIN Number (Preferred)
- Smart Serve (Preferred)