The Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Analyst / Paid Search is responsible for the management and performance optimization of the Bloomingdales.com SEM program, which includes paid search campaigns, shopping/PLA campaigns and shopping feed management. Candidate will be fully accountable for campaign segmentation, performance and reporting and must be able to effectively plan, implement and communicate recommendations. Candidate must be experienced and comfortable reporting results and educating all levels of management in the art and science of paid search marketing. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage paid search campaigns across multiple engines and ensure program specific ROI and acquisition goals are being met.
- Responsible for overseeing our Product Listing Ads (PLA) / Google Shopping and Dynamic Search Ads (DSA) campaigns and our optimization process.
- Accountable for all facets of hands-on, day-to-day management including search query research/sculpting, ad copy writing and testing, bid and custom labels management, campaign/ad group structuring and optimization, segmentation, feed optimization.
- Maintain alignment with robust promotional calendar ensuring that ad copy and spend is consistent with site wide goals.
- Develop and maintain reporting on all levels of data from keyword and auto/product target to campaign for ROI and KPI metrics.
- Maintain and optimize alongside a blueprint of SEM best practices.
- Responsible for weekly, monthly, seasonal, and quarterly reporting.
- Ability to gather insight from data and execute next steps accordingly.
- Ad hoc projects and analyses.
- Reports to the Paid Search Senior Manager.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree. 2-4 years paid search marketing experience as a coordinator or campaign manager.
- Background at a Search agency will be strongly considered (Candidate may have previously held roles such as a campaign manager, strategist, planner, coordinator, analyst, associate, etc.).
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of management and external agency partners.
- Professional and polished communication skills, especially for emails and PowerPoint.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Exceptional analytical and presentation skills.
- Strong conceptual/analytical/creative thinker.
- Strong data interpretation skills; ability to summarize complex findings clearly and concisely.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to adhere to deadlines
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Experience in retail/e-commerce.
- Experience with Google Shopping.
- Hands on experience with a paid search management platform, such as Marin, Kenshoo, Adobe or Dart Search.
- Experience with Coremetrics, Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics.
- Experience with Dynamic Search Ads.
- Experience with a Marketing Attribution tool and platform.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.