Manage a multi-million dollar business and make critical decisions that maximize sales and margin. With responsibilities for both brick-and-mortar stores, e-commerce and our omnichannel single view of inventory (SVI), you’ll take an innovative and holistic approach to planning. You’ll also be part of our groundbreaking My Macy’s strategy, customizing assortments based on location and customer preference.
The Replenishment Manager role requires the ability to collaborate with Merchants and translate market, customer and financial data into strategies that will allow Macy’s to maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability to compete differently in a changing retail environment. The position requires a high level strategic thought process, exceptional business acumen, strong understanding of Merchandising and Planning, and the ability to own his/her business. A fundamental requirement is to be able to build trust with their teams and key collaborators. Perform other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Replenishment Manager will be known as a trusted, collaborative and results-oriented business partner who can lead through influence and who possesses professional maturity and ability to build strong partnerships. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable and effective at optimizing system usage that maximizes sales, inventory, and bottom line profitability. Candidates must be comfortable with quickly evaluating and sun-setting legacy approaches that no longer align to the strategy. The ideal candidate will be known for both vision and an equally strong orientation for speed.
- Understanding of many functions including: Buying, Planning, Private Brands, Stores, Online, and Marketing.
- Understanding of financial performance metrics and assortment planning.
- Highly proficient in leveraging customer and trend data to inform both strategy and decision making.
- Identify exceptions and update systems within strategic guardrails.
- Build seasonal replenishment profiles to comprehend customer preferences.
- Operate systems within inventory guidelines to develop orders and financial planning inputs.
- Develop sales forecasts for replenishment products.
- Manage risk optimization, demand forecasting and service level in support of inventory strategy.
- Run and interpret reports.
- Maintain products and marketing understanding for respective Family of Business.
- Partner with Data Scientists to inform replenishment strategies across division.
- Define automation criteria and work with the business to manage exceptions.
- Set parameters in forecast systems.
- Collaborate with the Merchandising and Planning organizations to develop replenishment inventory strategy.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with key stakeholders in Merchandising and Planning to account for changes in marketing strategies, calendar/even shifts, product introductions, discontinuations through weekly, monthly, and seasonal meetings.
- Partner with the key stakeholders regarding strategic system changes that will have financial impact on the business.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor's Degree (Business, Finance or equivalent.
- 3-plus years of experience in complex, best-in-class consumer and lifestyle oriented companies.
- Advanced Proficiency with MS Excel, including advanced formulas and pivot tables.
- Previous experience with a Forecasting and Replenishment Planning system.
- Experience working across multiple organizational boundaries.
- Track record of driving growth, fostering the respect of key business partners.
- Experience with Teradata DCM (Demand Chain Management).
- Knowledge of SQL Programming.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Advanced math abilities including algebra, probability, statistics and strong proficiency with quantitative and analytical approaches.
- Strong analytical and excel skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Inspires, motivates, and influences the behavior of others to drive high performance.
- Engages team to examine current practices and encourages creative thinking about how things could be more effective and efficient.
- Asserts own ideas and persuades others in a clear, confident, and composed manner. Tailors message for the audience and is able to gain support and commitment from others.
- Comfortable with taking risks and celebrating risk taking regardless of outcome.
- Collaborative, consultative style with a strong ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization.
- Resilient, tenacious, high energy.
- Able to rapidly bounce back from adversity.
- Embraces change with realistic optimism and persists through challenges and setbacks caused by change.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.