The SEO Product Manager position will interface directly with all levels of Macy’s Inc and will be instrumental in planning and successfully executing SEO features and functionality that drive traffic and improve conversion rates to our web properties. The responsibilities of the SEO Product Manager include both implementing SEO best practices across all digital properties, as well as partnering with teams on the internal tools and processes that support this experience. An SEO Product Manager combines a strong understanding of foundational SEO efforts, with an equally deep understanding of business goals to champion solutions that deliver value for Macy’s & Bloomingdale’s. An SEO Product Manager is responsible for developing opportunity assessments, overseeing the development of SEO features, and collaborating with internal SEO business groups. Finally, this role is responsible for interfacing with Technology groups over a period of months to bring products to life. An SEO Product Manager is able to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, at various stages of their development. Strong candidates should possess a proven track record of leading SEO or Agile Project teams, working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and using data to drive decision-making. The SEO Product Manager will draw on his/her experience to build relationships and maximize the output of his/her team. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Develops feature definitions, detailed requirements, business process changes, internal communications, and implementation plans
- Write user stories as part of an Agile or lean project framework that:
- directly support primary objectives of the project;
- are appropriate in size for iterative development;
- include clear and specific acceptance criteria;
- take into account dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives.
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications
- Provide Product leadership to a Lean Lab development team. Identify hypotheses, define Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) and KPIs to support experimentation and measurement.
- Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project
- Gathering baseline metrics on a “per feature” basis, and measuring impact on those metrics on a “pre-post” feature implementation and/or year over year basis; able to translate those changes into an annualized impact using Excel, Adobe Analytics, SEO Enterprise Software, PowerPoint and leveraging support staff in Finance & Analytics.
- Develop supporting business case, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations
- Secure approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary.
- Work to be become recognized as an expert - someone who has excellent judgment and whose projects have contributed significantly to the success of macys.com.
- Work with SEO Business/Marketing Teams and Direct Supervisor in
- Championing their needs and those of other key stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project
- Communicating product solutions and benefits; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features
- Helping adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- College Degree preferred.
- 3+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: search engine optimization, mobile optimization techniques, natural search strategies, product marketing, product/program management, business development , business analytics, management consulting desired, but not required.
- Adobe Analytics and/or SEO Enterprise Software experience strongly preferred.
- A/B testing experience preferred.
- Internet retail experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems.
- Strong prioritization and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.