A Product Manager (PM) is key to delivering new customer experiences through program enhancements. It is essential that the PM understands how product enhancements change customer behavior and what trends are emerging in the market. S/he owns socializing the product vision at all levels of the organization through opportunity assessments while driving development with design solutions. The Product Manager partners closely with the Product Adoption team to ensure solutions are fully leveraged by the business. A successful Product Manager will be a team player who is passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications
- Articulate current state business processes, identify gaps or pain points in the workflow and identify future system needs.
- Write user stories as part of an Agile project framework that:
o directly support primary objectives of the project.
o are appropriate in size for iterative development.
o include clear and specific acceptance criteria.
o take into account dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
- Develop supporting business cases, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentation.
- Manage expectations (negotiating appropriately - right people and right time, where necessary) to ensure a common understanding of where, when, and how the business user stories can be prioritized optimally.
- Partner with User Experience to user test designs through mock-ups, functional prototypes, etc. to ensure they are meeting intended goals.
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality.
- Communicate product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer to Product Adoption/Production for on-going management of features.
- Regular, dependable, attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or systems management discipline
- 2-4 years’ experience in Product Management, Internet
- Retail experience strongly preferred
- Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation communications skills when communicating with peers and all levels of leadership.
- Proven ability to persuade, influence and lead others, while establishing credibility and trust.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents; effectively understanding and communicating complex and detailed concepts to business partners.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Strong prioritization, organizational planning and negotiating skills; able to balance competing priorities.
- Ability to take an accountable, responsible and measured approach when faced with critical and time-sensitive issues; act with a sense of urgency.
- Able to leverage data to support hind-sighting post-release.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.