The Marketing Effectiveness Analyst prepares advertising recap reports to support the Marketing teams with pre-planning of future marketing strategies. In addition, the Analyst will conduct all back end analysis of information for promotional and non-promotional events. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and is highly organized, a skilled communicator, with a strong understanding of the media landscape. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Create reports tracking the effectiveness of in store and online marketing campaigns
- Create and publish various reports for Corporate/Regional sales reports and views
- Create and maintain sales by district/sales by merchandise category monthly
- Maintain report that shows the Average Unit Retail monthly
- Maintain POS (point-of-sale) rates reports monthly
- Hourly sales projections (daily setup – daily, hourly sales projections)
- Event reporting by quarter and by season
- Become proficient utilizing Macy's internal systems and databases
- Compile all media running for each Storewide Event (spend & impressions) monthly
- Coordinate the design, implementation and summarization of Macy's Marketing strategy tests
Presentation documents/ Ad Hoc:
- Assist in preparation/compilation of materials for monthly/quarterly Post Mortem Meetings
- Preparation of reports for monthly strategy meetings
- Executive Visit Analysis reports.
- Provide data for various presentations (Leadership Meetings, Marketing Strategy Meetings, Advertex Board Meetings, Executive Committee Meetings, Marketing Finance Meetings, & Back To School Meetings)
- Compile industry sales performance results that are reported on a monthly or quarterly basis for various department stores, retailers, and specialty stores.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- BA/BS Degree in Marketing, Finance or a related discipline.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the analysis of Marketing Programs (retail industry experience preferred)
- Knowledge of platforms for retrieving, storing, reporting, and analyzing data.
- Proficient in MS Excel; Working knowledge of MS Access & Visual Basic, a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and present information to customers, peers and all levels of management.
- Must demonstrate an energetic and positive attitude with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Must present a professional image consistent with Macy's brand values
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Embraces change in technology – Tech savvy, mobile and new media awareness
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.