Primary responsibilities include ideation and execution of culturally relevant, compelling, engaging, social first copy and innovative content creation across all social platforms including owned and paid. Perform other duties as assigned.
Internal: Content Strategy, Creative, Project Management, Social & Emerging Platforms Team, Digital Media Team, Content Marketing, Beauty Team, Fashion Office, Events Team
External: Agency Partners, Production Houses, Content Studios
Reports To: Social Media Creative Director
Always On Copy and Content:
- Manage, craft and edit compelling and culturally in tune copy.
- Champion and guard Macy’s tone and voice across all social platforms.
- Pitch social first and innovative creative concepts that align with company-wide initiatives and campaigns.
- Capture live event coverage for all social media platforms and work collaboratively with designers to execute.
- Help evaluate concepts presented by content marketing: review all jobs and images, ensure each topic and asset meets the social aesthetic and needs for each platform before creative management reviews.
- Deep interest and passion for emerging trends in content and social across all platforms.
- Contribute to the creation and execution of creative that ladders up to content strategy.
- Partner with Fashion Office, our agency of record and marketing departments to prioritize content creation.
- Leverage insights from strategic partnerships ie: Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.
- Partner with agencies to execute content and influencer campaigns, while maintaining Macy’s overall tone, voice and aesthetic.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- 4+ years relevant experience working within the social/digital content media space within an agency, content studio, and/or fashion/beauty brand.
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and emerging trends is a must.
- Strong organizational skills, great attention to detail and multitasking.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Keynote/PowerPoint.
- Must have their finger on the pulse of all things culture including fashion and beauty.
- Social video editing skills, photography and production experience is a plus.
- Excellent critical thinking, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Ability to influence and inspire others.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Innovative with a strong desire to learn and explore new possibilities as Macy’s goes through an exciting digital transformation.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- This position involves on- and off-site live event coverage that may occur after normal work hours or on the weekend.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.