The Digital Assistant is responsible for supporting the Digital Director within the Merchandising organization to drive sales, margin, turn and growth by devising and recommending digital strategies that maximize on-line assortment to drive digital demand. The position requires strong business acumen and an understanding of Site merchandising. This role requires the ability to support the development of site strategies and execution plans. Fundamental requirements include the ability to collaborate, take ownership of your business, and achieve results. Perform other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Digital Assistant will be known as a trusted, collaborative and results-oriented business partner who possesses professional maturity and ability to build strong partnerships. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable and effective at providing input for the digital assortment plans and the Omni rolling forecasts.
The successful candidate will:
- Make “company first” decisions.
- Ability to influence Merchant partners.
- Develop self by participating in ongoing professional development and training.
- Take responsibility for own development plan and curriculum.
- Develop innovative solutions to existing customer or Company challenges.
- Openly accepts and seeks constructive direction for development from supervisor and leadership.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiatives.
- Relishes in a fast paced environment and is effective under pressure.
- Leverage collaborative partnerships with counterparts to drive business strategies.
- Partner with Omni Team & Manager, Digital Tactics on pricing strategy.
- Responsible for online price execution.
- Test the site to confirm accuracy of price changes.
- Review and approve pages in Stella.
- Optimize Product Description Pages (i.e. cloning, leveraging featured color, color/size expansion).
- Manager vendor to consumer (V2C) workflow & vendor communications.
- Prepare reporting and analysis to support Digital Director.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Finance, Marketing or equivalent).
- Experience in an online and ecommerce merchandising environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to influence.
- Inspires, motivates, and influences the behavior of others to drive high performance.
- Engages team to examine current practices and encourages creative thinking about how things could be more effective and efficient.
- Asserts own ideas and persuades others in a clear, confident, and composed manner. Tailors message for the audience and is able to gain support and commitment from others.
- Comfortable with taking risks and celebrating risk taking regardless of outcome.
- Collaborative, consultative style with a strong ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization.
- Resilient, tenacious, high energy. Able to rapidly bounce back from adversity.
- Embraces change with realistic optimism and persists through challenges and setbacks caused by change.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.